BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

And what would happen if the troops inside a turbo boosting speeder were forced by this to make a morale check (assuming the speeder wasn't destroyed making the issue moot)? The same rules are left unanswered in the IA book for the Siege Dreadnoughts that do the same thing.

Librarian

If they would have to disembark (i don't believe that has been shown to be the case, but anyway)
    Since it is not their Movement phase, Flat Out has no effect on the passengers.
    BRB FAQ
    Q: If a transport vehicle is destroyed in a Movement
    phase
    in which it has moved flat out, what happens to
    any embarked models, as passengers may not
    disembark from a vehicle that has moved flat out in
    that Movement phase? (p70)
    A: They are removed as casualties.
    Also
    Totally legit except when it explodes. Can you take both a pinning and a fall back check? If so, in what order?
    You take a pinning test immediately (pg.31), the Morale test at the end of the phase.
    Last edited by SeattleDV8; 03-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Chapter-Master

If you fail a morale check, you must flee. the only way to flee would be to hop out of you vehicle...

If I remember correctly, there are rules on how to get out of your vehicle...

Librarian

GW has repeatedly stated, without exception, that units inside vehicles do not take morale tests. They take Leadership tests, but not morale tests. They cannot be forced out of their vehicle except by a damage result. As soon as they leave the vehicle, they are subject to all normal morale tests--such as if they take 25% casualties during the phase from any source, including explosions, additional damage results (such as the Decimator), and dangerous terrain tests suffered while disembarking.

As far as the background goes, imagine that either the unit is too afraid to willingly get out into the killzone when their vehicle still functions, or perhaps even that they are trusting their vehicle to keep them safe while they prepare for disembarking and a counter attack.

Chapter-Master

uh. where? Where has this been stated? Please tell me, I want to know.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    If you fail a morale check, you must flee. the only way to flee would be to hop out of you vehicle...

If I remember correctly, there are rules on how to get out of your vehicle...
    Yes there are, during your movement phase and if the vehicle suffers a destroyed result.
    There is no permission to disembark at other times.
    Simular rules/timing doesn't help, to claim that is 'making crap up'.
    It's easier to treat them as crew, and make them immune to Morale test when embarked.

Truth is I have rarely seen it happen.

Well, I would say the GW has stated that units in vehicles to NOT take Ld tests when in vehicles. It's one of the few places that is safe from the Doom of Malenthai (spelling is terrible).
    As the rules for the Dread are still experimental, perhaps they will fix this problem. I would say that the unit does not take the morale check. My reasoning for this is that the vehicle is still working, and if it's still working it can drive away from the big scary monster punching holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    That is a rule extrapolation. They maybe effected by shaken and stunned, but passengers do not take casualties from ANY vehicle damage except explode. AND if they take 25% casualties from the explosion, they must take a morale check.

The rulebook states that units that take 25% casualties during ANY phase must take a morale check.
    When designers come up with these crazy rules that go against basic design tenets, they need to be more specific about possible results.

It is a wierd damage result. You are not being hit by a ranged weapon. It is just like the necron lightning field used by crypteks. It does a str and ap attack before eithor side attacks. The unit inside is not taking damage from the attack or a shooting atack its a wierd effect that causes wounds to a unit inside a vehicle using a shooting profile.

The easy solution is to ask FW since its their model.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    Yes there are, during your movement phase and if the vehicle suffers a destroyed result.
    There is no permission to disembark at other times.
    Simular rules/timing doesn't help, to claim that is 'making crap up'.
    It's easier to treat them as crew, and make them immune to Morale test when embarked.

Truth is I have rarely seen it happen.
    this isn't 'making crap up'.
    The rules explain how to get out of a vehicle when forced to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast