BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Compared to the others, I like this one. I agree however that I 2 is to low, you mean to say that these FF-Recon is worse than your average guardsman? On par with an Ork?
    The Iridium rifle is way to overpower for just 15 points. Either up the points or lower the damage/AP.
    Compare the cost to the the plasmagun and notice the power level (sure it's heavy, but these guys aren't going to move anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    In reply to Fellend

Dirt cheap? 80 points base, plus another 70 for the extra carnivores, plus the cost of the Shaper(75 points) in order to get the one-in-six chance of whichever special rule you're looking for... for a bunch of guys with a one-in-six armor save.

Power weapon equipped, yehp - one guy, for one turn only, for a cost of ten points.

Grenade equipped, yehp, - at a cost of I dunno, I couldn't find it. Three points per model for defensive grenades, IIRC, we can go from there. Sixty points at least.

Counter-asaulting, about time

Rending, yehp - up to four models in the (reinfored) unit, at a cost of five points per model

Wound-allocation shenanigans - uhm, where? I don't see that

Pulse carbine, yehp - one guy (the Alpha) at a cost of 3 points, plus, if there is a Shaper present, up to four guys in the (reinforced) unit, at a variable cost depending on the weapons.

Hmm, total that up - 80+70+75+10+(3x20)+20+3+whatever. I make it somewhere north of three hundred ten points with all the bells and whistles. For twenty one models, four of which have heavy weapons, (can't shoot if you move) four of which are melee only, and all of whom armor save on sixes only.

This is OP?
    Considering this unit will butcher say ten assault marines with power weapon/power fist plasma pistols and meltabombs (I play BT) which is 240-60 points. Yeah... they are really cheap.
    And oh no, they have no armor save... because in fifth edition getting a four plus cover save is incredibly hard... especially if you have a giant gnarloc with 8 shapers ahead of them
    Or if they outflank... they aren't not to mention that they have FLEET so they can run and assault

We are talking about 4 rending, 1 power weapon + 1 with alot of extra attacks (shaper)

Counter assault in itself is not so bad. I think it's a good boost for them. It's in combination with every other USR in the book which makes it a bit weird

Wound allocation shennanigans: with karnivorse, hounds, alpha and a shaper... and possible to equip with every weapon in both SM and the new ones.... yeah, you can mess around with the wounds.

PulseCarbine See answer to counter assault.

This is a troop with access to every USR, Every weapon, can be good in everything, costs only 8 points.
    Now if this was an Elite unit with maybe 10 points per kroot, I'd still say it has to much stuff but okay.

The biggest problem is see with this one and every other entry in the fan dex is that every unit has at least 3 USRs and on top of that at least 1 extra special ability and access to build it as anti assault, antitank, antiwhatever. There's little tradeback for anything.

I'm sorry but... there is no way i'd field this unit.

the ballistic skill is WAY too low, and the point costs are too high. Infiltrate is also needed.

for "forward observers", these guys aren't very "observant".

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nutsy View Post
    I'm sorry but... there is no way i'd field this unit.

the ballistic skill is WAY too low, and the point costs are too high. Infiltrate is also needed.

for "forward observers", these guys aren't very "observant".
    Accident in the Sheet, they're supposed to be BS 3, WS 2.

Brother-Captain

I'd lower the Initiative of the Kroot and Hounds by 1. I agree that I3 is a bit slow and having them striking before guardsmen would be fine, but they are most certainly not as quick as an Eldar, and a hound isn't as quick as a genestealer.

I4 for Kroot, I5 for Hounds I think. I'd skip out the bolas power weapon thing, just stick to combat weapons and kroot rifles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12