BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Skulltaker's Chariot

Hi all,

What kits do you suggest for making a chariot for the Daemon Skulltaker? This chariot gives a bump to his Str, Tgh, and Wnds so it should be impressive. With this 20 pt upgrade he goes up to Daemon Prince level in stats.

I've sound several promising pics on the web but I can never determine what parts were used.

Three things of note:

1. I dont care whether I use a Juggernaut or not; I have several Flesh Hounds that actually might look better pulling the chariot.

2. Lets try keeping it on a Dread, of Greater Daemon, sized base. Placing him on a Valk style would look nice but attract too much attention esp in c.c.

3. MOST IMPORTANT! My Skulltaker is already painted and not coming off of his base, so can we try to make sure the design allows for this base to fit inside?

Sorry for redundancy but this post will be in 40k and Fantasy areas as the two could have players that made or have seen the conversion. Just ignore the base notes above if you play the opposite game system; the chariot itself is the most important thing.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

Maybe take a look at the DE venom. Use the back half, with the railings and the platform and lose the cockpit (maybe keep the wings for flaps). Lose the engines with a little greenstuff, maybe have it floating or make some wheels out of chaos Icons, then chain up the flesh hounds. Should be able to fix it onto a large bike base, or the equivilent Fantasy Square Size
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I used the chaos chariot from fantasy, with flesh hounds replacing the horses. I don't know if he fits with base though...maybe if you GS the chariot a little wider.

The DE venom might look a little delicate, and do you mean the old metal chaos chariot? I had no idea that was still available!

Thanks for the insight, keep it coming!
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!