BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Grey Knight FAQ is up.

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1830601a_Grey_Knights_v1_0.pdf"]Here[/URL].

Nemesis Doomfist Dreadknight is S6, Nemesis falchions give +1 attack not two. Those are the amusing highlights for me. Of course FAQs are optional, so people can ignore it if they want. Still amuses me given all the arguments.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Thanks again eldargal. I gave up looking on FAQ to see what is updated anymore.

*edit* Just read the FAQ, very plain looking. Looks like GW is getting lazy again. All the other FAQ have the fancy background to it. The GK doesn't.

Since GW loves to copy and paste all the time, how hard is it to add the background on the FAQ? My god, how lazy GW has gotten. Now before I wasn't worried about the rumoured upcoming WD SoB codex, but now after the GK FAQ, I guess people have a right to be worried now.
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 06-13-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Veteran-Sergeant

At least they fixed the Coteaz 3 HM + Razor spam for 90ish points x infinity.

Their FAQ made the Plasma Siphon incredibly powerful and likely more then it needed to be; poor Tau.

I'm glad to see the issues with the Dreadknight cleared up. It was getting pretty frustrating when people were claiming that their Dreadknights were S10 and counted as Jump Infantry so they could go in Stormravens.

The Falchions are disappointing as they do absolutely nothing (the bonus doesn't come from the weapons, just the fact that there are two of them) and the ruling on the shunt puts the nail in the coffin for teleport vs purifier/razorback spam. Expect GK lists to go the way of IG and be carbon-copies of each other spamming purifiers and razorbacks.

Other than that it seems alright. Oh and Coteaz's anti-deep strike rule allows his unit to shoot at both drop pods and the units that come out of them, that is pretty insane.
    Last edited by SonicPara; 06-13-2011 at 07:35 AM.

What I want to know is, wtf, Mandrakes are daemons? Where in the rules does it say that.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    What I want to know is, wtf, Mandrakes are daemons? Where in the rules does it say that.
    It doesn't. The fluff says they're half demon i guess but still...thats a bit stupid

Glad to see the shunt-scout thing is banned....

And Tau burst cannons count as Plasma weapons as well as pulse weapons and pulse rifles? Well screw me sideways and call me Frank...basically a Tau army will not really be able to shoot at a unit with that upgrade!
    Last edited by DrLove42; 06-13-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Mostly as expected, main surprises:

• Dreadknight -> S6 and the extra weapons feel extremely expensive if they cost you +1A for 2 CC weapons. Should have just given them 2 regular close combat weapons IMHO
    • Scoring dreadnoughts

Not surprising:
    • No shunt punch
    • Falchions only +1A

Bummed about Falchions. They will now become a useless upgrade. I hate worthless choices in books. They are a cool, and expensive upgrade, that sacrifices the huge I6 for 1 attack. I don't think so.

Everything else is just common sense in type.

How do you get all your juicy info, Eldargal? You always seem to be all over the breaking Grim Dark news. Psychic? Extensive Spy Network? Married to the Mob?

I check Warseer regularly, used to be other forums too but less and less lately. I check GWs websute for FAQs and such regularly too. Plus I do now have a couple of sources* within GW. I didn't even have to honey trap them. Also I seem to be quite lucky, the amount of times I will visit a forum for thefirst time in ages (or hours, for Warseer heh) and find some juicy rumour has just been posted allowing me to repost it here before anyone else...

*That sounds so pompous, I feel vaguely ashamed every time I say it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast