BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by sergentzimm View Post
    I am also not sold on the "safety" of the resin.
    What does this mean? What safety concerns do you have? I don't understand why people keep questioning the safety.

FWIW, I used my dremel on the Vanguard Vets and there was very, very little dust. It sanded much more like plastic as opposed to other resins I've worked with.

People seem obsessed with the safety of the new resin, its absurd. FW put safety warnings on their resin kits because they have to by law, as certain safety precautions are required. GW do not put warnings on Finecast because no such warnings are required because the stuff is safe. If GW were lying/wrong about this they would be facing product recalls, lawsuits, terrible publicity and possibly fines. It is just beyond belief that they would do it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    People seem obsessed with the safety of the new resin, its absurd. FW put safety warnings on their resin kits because they have to by law, as certain safety precautions are required. GW do not put warnings on Finecast because no such warnings are required because the stuff is safe. If GW were lying/wrong about this they would be facing product recalls, lawsuits, terrible publicity and possibly fines. It is just beyond belief that they would do it.
    Until I see a MSDS sheet on whats in the resin, I will be taking precautions and assuming breathing the stuff will be toxic. Just because there isnt a regulation requiring the warnings doesn't mean it's good for you.

Veteran-Sergeant

anyone know if there is plans from GW to move most white metal models to the new resin? i have wanted a thunderfire cannon but not bought one because of all the bad things i read about the white metal kit - one of the new lightweight ones would be a lot nicer i think.

/krispy

Iron Father

Until I see a MSDS sheet on whats in the resin, I will be taking precautions and assuming breathing the stuff will be toxic. Just because there isnt a regulation requiring the warnings doesn't mean it's good for you.
    My bullmastiff has eaten so much of my forge world bitz that if it were dangerous he would be dead, I am guessing this stuff GW use for making kids toys is quite safe, on a side note the dog still hasn't **** out a nurgle deamon yet either
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

When the Red Terror comes out... (If?).... I'm going to be throwing this bloody metal one out the (ebay shaped) window, its a pain in the backside to get it to stay together.

I used to have an industrial superglue for these metal models, but now thats run out I only have a fairly standard superglue to hand, and heavy models just want to fall apart.

Same for my unbuilt Zoanthrope, several resin ones please me more than glueing one more metal one together again.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Facepalm. Do you make your kids wear a facemask while playing t-ball too?

Scout

Last edited by Wathapend2urfase; 06-06-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Scout

hahaha. be in your bunk. It reminds me of something jayne from firefly would say.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Facepalm. Do you make your kids wear a facemask while playing t-ball too?
    No but I do make sure to not snort hazardous chemicals. Eating resin and getting it in your lungs are two different things. Go ahead and laugh at me for being safe. I dont really care if you die of cancer because you trusted a company. Just look at the company in Canada that still makes asbestos, they think its ok to sell it to the third world. Guess its ok since a company said so...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast