BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Right, which is precisely my point. Just as nobody can [anymore] point to a rule that says, "You can only base models larger" but many people still continue to treat that as a rule, nobody can point to a rule that says, "Forge World books and models are not part of the core 40K game" but many people treat that as the rule.

Librarian

Fair enough and well stated.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wkz View Post
    It just need to be re-stressed, since one of the primary arguments used is dependent on the Forgeworld FAQ on Ordnanace weapons
    I don't know if you realized this, but GW has a policy that you don't need to ask permission to use ForgeWorld any more. It is official. The rules in most cases are waaaaaay under powered.

It is just the tournament scene that doesn't allow ForgeWorld. I have yet to figure out why other than the judges are lazy.

At any rate, assuming we give credence to the FAQ, there are now two possibilities:

1. Multiple Hellstrike missiles may be fired because multiple identical one-shot weapons are in fact a single "weapon" for firing purposes, with a limited number of shots and variable rate of fire - rather like the Manticore's Storm Eagle rockets, but without the explicit rate of fire limitation.
    2. Multiple Hellstrike missiles may be fired because when the rulebook says "no other weapons may be fired" it means "no other non-ordnance weapons may be fired" or "no other types of weapons may be fired" or something along those lines.

Both are, admittedly, somewhat surprising results. I'm not sure either is really better from a textual fidelity standpoint. I tentatively favor an explanation that would not allow different types of ordnance to be fired at once, since the spirit of the rule seems to be that ordnance weapons have special needs which consume the crew's attention, and it seems that firing two different types of ordnance weapons at once contravenes that. What do others think?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234