BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by halon View Post
    I'm a little brassed off that no sooner do I buy a snazzy Forgeworld model than GW puts out a cheaper plastic version of it.
    that's kept me from plunking down the cash for either a Trygon and/or Malanthrope... although i felt pretty safe with my Hierophant purchase.
    ;-)

so, if they ARE plasticing (yes, i verbbed "plastic") the Trygon and Malanthrope, does GW count that as our Apocalypse release?
    ...not fair!

most likely yes it would count as an apoc release./

Default hummm

I wonder if they will bring back unit mutations like in the old dex. Kinda like a vet sgt.

Hopefully they will make Biovores a valuable unit. I always liked the whole spore mine idea and it'd be nice to see it fleshed out with new rules.

Course I also really liked the old "Jones is acting strangely..." table.

So long as they don't take away my all stealer army i'll be happy.

gogo having another competitive army to break up the marine monotony!

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree with Shags J, particularly now I have the fantastic new space hulk stealers and broodlord to field.

I am glad that the new models have not departed from the classic stealer look. I am interested to see what they do with the wider Tyranid look in the new Codex. I understand that there is resentment that nids are often called bugs or insects and that there was a concerted move towards a Dinosaur look. I would prefer a more retro move towards a more alien, oozing, gribbly look like tyranids had when they first appeared- more HR Giger than Godzilla. I believe that the genestealer is at the heart of the tyranid image and the new range should follow their lead.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bloosquig View Post

Course I also really liked the old "Jones is acting strangely..." table.
    I had forgotton about that! The original Tyranid codex really brought home the feeling of an all encompassing Tyranid invasion. vehicles were damaged, troops attacked their own units, ammo ran out - even before the game began. These tables would be perfect for Planet Strike and indeed are better than the weak offering that Tyranids received from the supplement that covers their definitive action - overwhelming invasion from space! Right, I'm off to dig out my old codex copy from the loft.

Veteran-Sergeant

i want i plastic hive tyrant soo bad

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erazoender View Post
    All I'm praying for is not to drastically change our style; rather just update it.

I like how we play now, we just need some ways to deal with the new cheesy lists.
    Ah...

Quote Originally Posted by shags_j
    So long as they don't take away my all stealer army i'll be happy.
    Hmmm.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast