BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Space sharks!!!

Brother-Sergeant

Default Space sharks!!!

I recently received a Tyberos model in a poker game (YES I KNOW AWESOME RIGHT) now I have a question I know space sharks are close combat pretty much exclusively and have a large number of terminators so my question is what terminator army is best to run for Space sharks...Grey Knights, Space Wolves, or Dark Angels

Codex:Space Marines because Tyberos is an expansion character meant for that codex. Carcharodans aren't a Terminator army, they are a close combat army. You can swap out any Marine's bolter for a close combat weapon, turning Tactical Squads into Assault Squads that are cheaper and scoring. A load of those guys in Drop Pods with Meltagun/Multi-Melta is just dirty.

I'd recommend sticking to Codex Space Marines and use the FW expansion, but if that ain't cool in your area (or you just want to take an awesome all-termie army), Space Wolves Loganwing would probably be the way to go (Logan would give a decent representation of Tyberos, since Tyberos is modelled with a Chainfist/LightingClaws combo, which is reasonably similar ruleswise to Logan's ability to pick between Frostblade and Powerfist attacks.) Plus, the barbaric/tribal theming of the Space Wolves matches the Space Sharks (awesome naming) pretty well.

Brother-Sergeant

Default what would be cooler though

I forgot to mention I'm not trying to win this is for a local tourney where conversions are also judged so I was looking at doing an all termie army for ease of conversion. plus survivability

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting Space Wolves because I think they're better on the tabletop - just that of the three termie armies possible (Wolves, Grey Knights, Deathwing), Wolves are the closest in "feel" to Charcaradons (especially since Logan's close to Tyberos.) Deathwing would be a Close second, and perhaps a bit more faithful since it's closer in stats to Cpdex Space Marines, but it doesn't have the same brutal feel is all.

Brother-Sergeant

Default thanks

I am going to do the logan wing with GK terminator models modeled with lightning claws

CANT RESIST THOSE SEXY MODELS

Librarian

Space Sharks sound like a Crusader Chapter, something similar to Black Templars or another Imperial Fists type force.

To amke that force you would have to include atleast 2 units of standard marines before you addedin the terminators, but they get really cool things like righteous zeal, preferrred enemy, andthey ahve the eratta for the storm shields now.

The Death Wing is the other option I would recommend as they can be organised for a full terminator force built especially for close combat, with a few combi weapons thrown in.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Brother-Sergeant

Default playtest results

THE GREY KNIGHTS are definatly my choice Ran a 2K list and omg
    Grand Master
    Librarian
    2 units of purifiers in razor backs
    2 units of terminators
    2 dreadknights
    1 redeemer fairly good

Except that GK in no way operate in the same way as the Sharks.

First-Captain

actually they both slaughter anyone in their way, sound similar.
    For the Greater good.