BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Favorite army to play against?

Everyone has their favored army to play - whether it was your first army, or a newer one you've come to love. But what's your favorite army to play AGAINST? The one that gives you the games that are the most fun, or the biggest challenge?

For my Chaos Space Marines - Loyalist Space Marines and Sisters of Battle. I know, I know, MEQ vs MEQ blahblahblah, but those are the most thematic for me. Against Space Marines, because the Long War still endures, and every fight against the Loyalist dogs of the Emperor is another fight closer to ending it. Sisters of Battle, because I just KNOW that Chaos Space Marines see them as pretenders to a legacy they do not deserve - trying to be something they can never be, etc etc. I think that's how the Chaos Space Marines view them - and besides, from a gameplay perspective, Sisters of Battle are awesomely fun to play against when I bring my Thousand Sons.

For my Chaos Daemons...I don't know, really. Every game is different with them, and I haven't gotten to play them as much as I like.

For my Necron? Tyranid. Definitely Tyranid. More specifically, horde lists of Tyranid. That bit of fluff about the Tyranid purposefully avoiding random worlds in the path of their hive fleets, even if they were teeming with life, just made me laugh. Even Tyranid know to stay away from the Necron, and besides, against Horde lists, nothing says "go away" like some Gauss Flux Arcs.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Veteran-Sergeant

My orks just love to crush space marines of all shapes and sizes into dust.

for my IG???? it has to be tau. gunline vs gunline its a hell of a lot of fun win or lose
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Brother-Captain

Favorite armies to play against: Chaos Daemons, Blood Angels, Dark Eldar, Tau. The games are fast, fun, and bloody.

Most frustrating armies to play against: Black Templar, IG, Deathwing, Necrons. They just won't die.

Librarian

What do you play as, Lerra? Eldar?
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Brother-Sergeant

There are two ways I could answer this, i.e. which army do I like to game against and which armies I like to win against.

As far as armies I like to beat...
    -Tau. I love stomping those space cow commies who think they're better'n me.
    -Necrons. As an Eldar/Dark Eldar player (among others), I feel an obligation to purge them from the galaxy once and for all.
    -Mech IG. They have consistently proven to be the army I lose most to, and so every victory over them brings joy to my heart. They are a PAIN to fight though.

For armies against whom I bear no particular grudge, but with which I enjoy the simple pleasure of watching them die...
    -Anything hordes. Orks, foot IG, gant-heavy Nid armies. It's a target-rich environment and they all die before my guns. If my opponent is removing handfuls of doods every turn, I'm at peace with the universe.

For my Eldar, Necrons and Chaos because of the thematic interactions. Pity Necrons are, in general, so easy to fight.
    For Dark Eldar, Space Marines and IG. Important to show those infantile primates who really rules this galaxy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I don't get to fight Eldar as much as I'd like with my Chaos.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Librarian

For my Chaos Marine army I would have to say the current Black Templars, even with the eratta/ FAQ update. They are challenging with a good general, but not so overpowiering that I need to design my list as a anti hero/tank setup, or specifically set up my list to combat a specific strength or take advantage of a specific flaw in the opponents army.

If I have a even chance of winning as I have of losing when using a well balanced army, and assuming the dice roll average, and the opposing general is as good as I am, then I would enjoy fighting that army.

Which armies do I not enjoy playing against, well that is different. Eldar 9too anti- psyker) so I can not use daemon princes, or tzeentch forces., Blood Angels or the new Grey Knights when the finally ome out. Smaller armies, (about same size as mine), but they have far more powerful characters, over powing rules and abilities that seem designed to target Chaos Marine tactics/bonuses. Necrons with their Monoliths and res orbs make destroying their troops almost impossible, and I have nothing except the Vindicators that can destroy the Monoliths, and they are the necrons first victim in every battle, and finally Tau because I can never get across the table quick enough to colse combat them. I have no drop pods, and most of my forces that deep strike are wiped out before they can be effective.

The list goes on, but I like playing against Orks, Sisters, Dark Angels, and to a smaller degree Tyranids.

If I had drop pods, or skimmers, I could alter my tactics, and the list of armies I would love to play against would expand greatly.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Chapter-Master

As Dark Eldar, any Marine based army.

As Ork, um, hmmm.... IG perhaps?
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

with my green tide. Chaos,BT's(local player is tooled up for anti-mech lol) and melta spam vets IG, they all say, "That's alot of orks..."

my wolves like fighting orks and eldar.

grey knights like fighting chaos C:CSM or C or bolth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast