BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

It is the grammatically correct pronoun.

If ever there was a topic thread on a gamer forum that proved some people have too much time on their hands to waste asking questions about absolutely nothing, this is it. Though there is [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=13108"]another topic thread [/URL]here on the Lounge even less worthwhile.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 02-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Brother Hellstrom View Post
    Ok. my Space Wolves are now called Eric The Purple and Black, Orcs are now called Bika Betties, and Dark Eldar are now called Detroit. HA!
    OK, you coaxed it out of me. My Black Templars? They are "The Masters of Funk!"

Can you guess how I'm painting these "Battle Bruthas?" They're not called Black Templars for nothing.

Even bought a whole mess of these for conversion:

'Course they need some serious 'fro action going, so some resculpting is in order.

But I have to agree. When I'm not referring to them as "My army," I either refer to them as "The Grand Army of the Blah-ditty-blah," or I just call them "it."

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

I don't personify my army.

I will refer to the bassic bolter CSM in my CSM army as "goons" thow.

"So that's one dead Melta Gunner and 3 dead goons."
    Last edited by Lockark; 02-28-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Chapter-Master

I knew a guy who referred to everything in his army as "fatties", especially Daemon Princes and Obliterators.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I call my favourite army Vera.

Not really.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I call my favourite army Vera.

Not really.
    Is it your very favourite army? =P

It is.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I generally refer to my army in gender neutral terms. Tin heads have no real gender anymore. The only thing that receives a gender mention is the Nightbringer. My wife put [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/tygriss/1977234357/"]boobs[/URL] on it, so it is a she.

Chaplain

I can work for my army, show affection to my army, get annoyed at my army, feel like my army hates me, want a different army, get back to my orignial army, never forget my first army and what I owe it..
    yeh, 'she' will do nicely.

Also to the person who put 'ext' it's 'etc', from the latin, et cetera (and the rest). :P

Chapter-Master

I always refer to my army as "my army." Neutral sex I guess.

I never thought of assigning a gender to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    OK, you coaxed it out of me. My Black Templars? They are "The Masters of Funk!"

Can you guess how I'm painting these "Battle Bruthas?" They're not called Black Templars for nothing.

Even bought a whole mess of these for conversion:

'Course they need some serious 'fro action going, so some resculpting is in order.

But I have to agree. When I'm not referring to them as "My army," I either refer to them as "The Grand Army of the Blah-ditty-blah," or I just call them "it."

HAHHAHAHA

Those have to be the best black sculpts I have ever seen. They are magnificent!!!

I will be suggesting that website for my friends.
    Last edited by BuFFo; 03-01-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast