BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by robertsjf View Post
    Pft, it's an opinion. I'm buying the DVD, but convince me that they couldn't do a better job with the cgi.
    I know it's a an opinion. I was being sarcastic hence the . I said it because so many people seem to whine and complain thats it's not up to the same quality as pixar or dreamworks.

They could do better but i think considering time and budget limits they have done quite well. I pre-ordered mine yesterday.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by david5th View Post
    I know it's a an opinion. I was being sarcastic hence the . I said it because so many people seem to whine and complain thats it's not up to the same quality as pixar or dreamworks.

They could do better but i think considering time and budget limits they have done quite well. I pre-ordered mine yesterday.
    Sharing a critique doesn't make you a whiner, I'm pretty sure most if not all of the "whiners" specified they were getting the film. Everything has good and bad qualities.

And you don't need to be Pixar or Dreamworks to make good animation *cough*[URL="http://www.blur.com/"]Blur[/URL]*cough*, these guys are over a decade behind the curve. It doesn't mean I'm not excited to see it.

Librarian

I´ve just also ordered mine...
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

First-Captain

Ordered mine. I'm looking forward to watching it now far more than I was when I first heard about it. I'm hoping this is the first of many 40k dvds, assuming this one is ok.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by N0rdicNinja View Post
    Sharing a critique doesn't make you a whiner, I'm pretty sure most if not all of the "whiners" specified they were getting the film. Everything has good and bad qualities.

And you don't need to be Pixar or Dreamworks to make good animation *cough*[URL="http://www.blur.com/"]Blur[/URL]*cough*, these guys are over a decade behind the curve. It doesn't mean I'm not excited to see it.
    Once again i have seemed to offend people without even realising it. For that i apologise.

my first post was not being crtical of wittdooley's opinion, merely reinforcing it an a sarcastic kind of way. I totally agree with it.

my second post could have possibly worded better without the use of Whiners but at the time it's all i could think of, the moment the full length trailer came out all i could seem to see & hear was people complaing at how bat it looked.

Blur could do better but we have got to work with what we have got.

I am aware that this post will probably offend someone so sorry in advance.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

I am aware that this post will probably offend someone so sorry in advance.
    I'm offended by your apology in advance!

Battle-Brother

Default Poo Ray

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I'm going to buy it, but is there really no Blu Ray option?!?!?
    You're not going to want a Blu Ray of this movie since the final CGI quality is actually lesser than most current video games. I seriously doubt if the movie is even rendered at 720p. That, and it's only 75 min. long.

I could pay $10 bucks to support the movie, maybe $15. But $40 + Shipping? No, thanks.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by N0rdicNinja View Post
    Part of the problem is cost. While animation has indeed gotten better and better, the cost of that quality has also risen considerably. GW probably didn't spend very much money on this movie (or spent all of their budget on the actors), and so couldn't afford that great of animation.

Once again i have seemed to offend people without even realising it. For that i apologise.
    No need to apologize. If someone misunderstands you and gets offended, that's their problem. Everyone just needs to remember that it's easy to be misunderstood when you only have text and smilies to communicate with. Short of openly insulting someone, you shouldn't assume that the other person is trying to be rude.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Part of the problem is cost. While animation has indeed gotten better and better, the cost of that quality has also risen considerably. GW probably didn't spend very much money on this movie (or spent all of their budget on the actors), and so couldn't afford that great of animation.
    That is a good point. I remember when production companies were getting excited about computer animation, believing that it was going to make movies cheaper. Well, special effects cheaper. It's done the opposite, as it's very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Word around the campfire is GW spent exactly 0 pounds sterling on this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast