Yikes!

This is a real piece of work ladies and gentlemen...

I think that bretonnian magic lances are super-good (as in better than before)

The magic weapons section states that unless noted otherwise all magic weapons are considered to be hand weapons.

Brettonian lances have the lance special rule...but don't exactly state that they are not hand weapons.

I know, I know...but before I get the flaming death i probably deserve hear me out...

We have all found a few magic weapons that have rules attached to them (the bold text single entry words reffering to rules in places that are usually in other books than the magic item referring to it)

The brets book is so old that it still uses this archaic convention.

That means...Q-pro that the bret lances are handweapons wit hthe lance special rule.

Thats fine, dandy, and cool right?!? Well...
When the brets hit on the charge their magic lances usually punch a decent sized hole into anything resembling models opposing them. In subsequent rounds they used to lose the bonuses from the lances and would swing as a strength of 4. (remember we're talking heroes and lords)

Now the lance keeps its static strngth bonus and magic imbewments, but the character has to replace the lance with a hand weapon in subsequent rounds of combat.

Note earlier that I said that magic items are hand weapons.

That would seem to state that bretonnians with magic lances would stab a bunch of joes, put their lance down...realise that since its a magic weapon that can only choose it instead of any other gear that they may have, and pick it up to stab you again because its also a hand weapon.

Herm...confusing.

Tear it up boys and girls!

Thanks All!