Morning all,

I've always been interested in the Horus Heresy and for a long time have wanted to do a pre-heresy army. However I am also planning to update my 40K Death Guard to include Forge World torsos etc (they've been good boys and won a fair few games therefore, in the absence of plastic cookies or beer, they deserve a treat), and my money probably won't stretch to doing both.

My question is thus:

What 'era' do you reckon the Forge World upgrade sets for World Eaters and Death Guard represent?
Pre-heresy
Early-heresy (Istvaan and beyond)
Full-on-heresy (travelling to Terra and the siege)
Post-heresy (once the legions were camped out in the Eye of Terror they then had time to sit and convert their armour and twiddle their thumbs).

Now in my opinion they ain't pre-heresy even if the Chaos symbols are filed off/left out. But I have no idea when the legions updated their armour, though there was reference in one of the HH books that new suits (new MKs) were being fabricated on Mars and the other Forge Worlds prior to and during the conflict. All I do know is that the Death Guard were pretty standard armour-wise until they got caught by in a warp storm on the way to Terra, they then emerged looking mre like the plague-ridden Death Guard we recognise today. However I have no idea of similar fluff for the World Eaters.

I am wondering whether I can, with a little work, pull of the Forge World upgrade sets as mid-heresy. If anyone reading this plays in the UK Tempus Fugitives events, can they tell me the rules on armour variants as my aim is to one day play in their big weekends held up there in Warhammer World.

Thanks, good gaming to all