Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
Most of the people that I know that are playing AoS with us in our campaigns don't ever post on internet forums because they got tired of being trolled every day for being shills. Heck we even got someone sending us an email wishing cancer on us for supporting GW and planning an AoS campaign because it sends GW the message that people do enjoy the product which we shouldn't do for some reason.

As NSC posted above, I'm in a few FB groups as well that have a lot of traffic. I'm not surprised forums don't get much AoS traffic because the feeling is that on any general wargaming forum there are a few people ready to pounce on anyone that has anything positive to say so largely don't bother going to forums anymore.

Over the weekend we had 12 people in our GW store prepping for our AoS campaign and we have 25 signed up for the event, had an active hobby day where one person was putting an entire chaos fortress together, and in general it was a fun time - so thats really also all that I care about.
Sending you hate email is just downright silly. The only AOS games I play are the ones testing out your rules Auticus. They help a great deal. It isn't entirely enough though. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You have managed to make a very functional purse out of it though.

What I've noticed is people using their old Games Workshop armies in other games. I've seen a great deal of that. Running neck in neck have been people making up their own rules and playing games mixing and matching different models. AOS and 40K have taken heavy hits in our area. The old models are being used but there is some serious experimentation going on in other systems.