Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
This is utter nonsense that completly misses the points of both businesses.
If you say so. So far, my "utter nonsense" has been fairly accurate in playing out. It could also be that I understand the demographics of the American market as opposed to the other markets to whom Games Workshop sells product. I am biased of course, but I don't think I'm missing the point. I think I'm making a point.

After market components are not for "players" unless they're cheap weapon swaps (which GW are better at ensuring you have an ample supply of these day), otherwise they're for collectors who want a unique look.
Again, you are assuming that Players aren't interested in good looking armies. That is a hell of an assumption to make. It is your bias, of course, and I won't try to talk you out of it. Monetary reasons are certainly a factor and being able to sell certain things that people want at a better price point is the number one reason people go to after market products, but a close second is uniqueness. Consider cars. Many of those after market products are for making a car unique and interesting looking.

Most "players" want to play a game, after market kits don't do anything for that.
Of coure they do. Playing the game, even for competitive players, is never purely academic. It is an escape. People playing Necrons want something with a Necron flair when they field an Aegis Defense line. CSM players like myself go to great lengths to alter existing Aegis materials to be appropriate. Players don't just want to beat you; they want to beat you with style. I could point out that the most successful, competitive players also have wicked good looking armies. Goatboy comes to mind.

In your rush to make a snide comment about GW, again, you've accidentally made no sense what so ever, rather than the half-nonsense you normally speak.
A snide comment would imply I'm being nasty indirectly. I've never been indirect in my commentary about Games Workshop.