BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: One Page 40k

Threaded View

Chaplain

What is the point of the one page rules? I just looked at the web site and it is a set of modified rules that does not cover anywhere near the range in the rule book. For example my Eldar army is not covered by them for weapons or vehicles. Further, if a new starter was to read and apply the rules I saw they would not be learning 40K correctly. This would disillusion them the minute they met a gamer who used the standard rules and did not recognise your tweaks and amendments.

Your one page rules appear to be written for people who are familiar with the concepts of 40K which makes them easier to relate to but not if you are new to the whole concept. I also think anyone who saw that block of text crammed onto the page in such a small font would baulk. Just compare the starter kit rule sets to see the easy presentation style that is designed to make it easy to read as much as produce a simple introduction.

And finally, the look I just had suggests you are changing the game to the way you want it played. Not a problem in itself but again, you would be misleading a new starter who would not have the knowledge to determine if that is what he/she has spent his/her money for. My recommendation new people is go with the starter kits and leave your production to those who know the game and wish to try something different. But beware you are skirting the bounds of plagiarism.
    Last edited by Da Gargoyle; 11-23-2014 at 01:48 AM.