Here is an interesting rules question. I've been reading the various books that apply and I think there is a problem area. I'm interested in how others interpret it. Consider the Skyshield; I'm talking about underneath not on top. The Knight can't get under there. It doesn't fit. The Skyshield is not ruins and so you can't just plow through it. You can either place the model or you cannot. This means, in theory, that a unit of Long Fangs (or anything with the right weapons really) could get below and just keep shooting at Knights all day long and be safe from close combat. Am I reading this wrong?

It would not, of course, protect them from ranged attacks (beyond what the Skyshield already provides) but nothing prevents other options underneath too to provide ample cover. I ask this because 3+ Knight lists aren't going away. They are, in fact, on the rise. People will be lookign to options to counter it. A building which cannot be destroyed but counts as battlefield debris sounds like such an option. The very size of the Knight (and rules on model placement) seems to prevent it from being able to reach the target in close combat.