As far as I’m concerned, the Alien Hunters really don’t get enough face time, they are a very cool and interesting organization, but they barely get a peep. Even most of the background on Inquisitor factionalism seemed to assume only Malleus or Hereticus. Fortunately, the new Dark Heresy books finally seem to be shining the limelight on the Xenos.

Now in spite of their total lack of coverage (Dark Eldar, Necrons and Sororitas can cry all they want about not getting updated, Xenos never even got a codex ), I have always had a love for them. So a while back when I was flush with a new unspent paycheck, Eisenhorn and Ravenor fresh in my mind, and the Pound beginning to falter, I took the plunge and ordered the Solomon Lok model and resolved to start an Ordos Xenos force. Well, it’s been slow going and other projects have intruded, but I am finally approaching the 1k mark for my Alien Hunters.

Because we don’t have our own codex, or even a neutral codex, I decided to use the Hereticus codex, as it seemed the least pigeon-holed between the two. However, while I chose gear and units from the Witch Hunters list, I restricted myself to items that were available (or had identical equivalents) on both lists, the only exception being I gave my acolyte (represented by the Cal Jerico model from Necromunda) a shotgun to represent his twin pistols. I also made choices that were “tech based” rather than “faith based;” no penitents or preachers, no flaming brands or the like, my Inquisitor and his band are heavy on the servitor and servo-skull models. I also took the lowly Inquisitorial Storm Troopers as troops choices.

At this point the army consists of:
• Inquisitor Lord and retinue (Combat servitors, servo-skull familiars, and tech servitor sage, along with one human acolyte)
• Inquisitor with retinue (plasma and heavy bolter gun servitors and sage for heavy fire support)
• Death cultists
• Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (one five man unit with flamers, one ten man unit with plasma)
• Orbital strike (could be fun, and as my Inquisitor’s fluff gives him his own ship, albeit a small one, it makes sense)

Just the other day I purchased a box of Kroot online that I will include with the mercenary rules to finish it out to around 1,000 points (oh, did I mention he was a radical?)

Now I am not really interested in a tactical analysis of my list strength (though I will listen if you really want to give one), hence why it appears in this forum. Instead I am interested in what people think of the list in terms of fluff, does it seem like it would be believable as a Xenos list? What advice do you have to make it more so? Has anyone else done Xenos, and if so how did they do theirs?