So here we are, a new book and a new army for me, as I'm sure a lot of you.

I thought I'd start this little painting blog/project diary to share with you my hobby, as to keep a visual record for myself. So here goes!

Lets start off with my first ever box of Dark Elves. I went for a core box, which seemed pretty sensible.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-08 19.29.29.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	5240

I thought it might be worth giving you guys an idea of what's in the box. I was really impressed with the transfer sheet. I must confess, I do enjoy using transfers and I think I;ve cracked a good way to make them look great, but more on that at a later date.

Name:	2013-10-08 19.30.12.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	5241

Note to everyone out there, NEVER LET YOUR BLADE GET A BEATEN UP AS MINE! The blade on the left has been in service for well over a year, how it got black I don't know!

Name:	2013-10-08 19.32.35.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	5242

Never the less I got busy and built up the unit. I went for crossbows as all my other Fantasy armies have been Melee based, Warriors of Chaos and Vampire Counts.

The kit in itself was not what I'm used to. As many of you would have found out, the arms only go in one way, the heads are already sculpted to the body, it was all a bit strange. The reason for this that I can see, is so that they rank up easier. I'm sure we've all had it in the past where you've built some really cool, dynamic minis for your big block and realised that they don't rank up at all. I know I have. As far as I can see, the limited modelling of these guys mitigates that.

Name:	2013-10-08 21.45.47.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	5243

ANd here's a better picture of the Unit Champion and a few arm variants.

Name:	2013-10-08 21.46.29.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	5244

Top points of this kit;
1)Easy to build, I mean, really easy.
2)No ugly joint lines anywhere at all! Beautiful.
3)I thought the transfer sheet was very well presented with every major city covered with enough to get every mini something.

Low points;
1)Limited customisation options.
2)The head spike is a bit fiddly to clean up. Where it joins to the sprue is right in the middle on the thinnest part. Nearly lost a finger a few times trying to clen them up.
3)Not a fan of the way the Champions sword arm sits with the crossbow. Easily fixed with a bit of chopping and some green stuff but I wanted to go right out of the box on this one.

Right, that's all for this one. Many more to follow.

Until next time!

-KaiZie