Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarshark View Post
Hold on...
People seem to misreading the rulebook bit on Unique weapons.

The BRB says "Many models have unusual power weapons that have one or more unique special rules. If a power weapon has its own unique close combat rules, treat it as an AP 3 Melee weapon with the additional rules and characteristics presented in the entry."

So what about the Axe Mortalis is unique (other than the funky name)?

Not a thing... master crafted is not a unique special rule, merely a special rule. It is included in the special rules bit of the BRB.

But even without that...take the sad tale of Kharn into account.
Before the FAQ Kharn had a valid argument as his Axe has many (unique to Gorechild) special rules and only counted as a powerweapon.
Guess what? FAQ hit and Gorechild = power axe

This argument is silly... There is no way Dante's no unique rules Axe is not an Axe.
But Dante costs a million points and he's super awesome and he flies around on a Land Raider playing super awesome power guitar and how could GW possibly nerf him?!

Yeah, I agree with you, and yeah, I think it's obvious that an axe should follow the rules for an axe, and I even posted a compromise that should make both sides happy because they both get what they want, and no, this won't stop the argument from carrying on.

Sorry, trying to get in before this argument goes up another bunch of pages.