BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You haven't seen my Witch Elf costume.
    No offense, as I have nothing but respect for your posts, but any one referencing that they are a girl no less than three times per every post (one in name, one in picture, once in signature) on a forum dominated by men on the internet where gender means nothing doesn't exaclty inspire trust. Especially with comments like these that, as proven by the 3-4 posts already qouting it, seem to be catered toward garnering attention from the male-dominated board.

Bahhh my biggest bugbear is the whole dressing up thing, if theres anything that gets gives our hobby the "nerd" tag its the fuc*ing costumes. Games day 2008 I will never forget the looks from the security staff at the NEC with the all the fanboys in the queue dressed as fu*k knows what. When your trying to explain to a mate that it REALLY is a cool hobby and lots of fun and not nerdy at all and then he says "what about the people dressing up ?" my argument crumbles.
    I'm not sure I agree. I don't think there's anything really wrong with enjoying different aspects of the hobby and just having fun with it. Course, theres those that ruin everything; the fot slob dressed as a commisar, the whore-y chick dressed like a slaanesh icon, etc. But I'm sure for those that dress up just for the fun of it and use discretion, it can't be that bad?
    Last edited by C.of.N.finity; 06-18-2011 at 03:12 PM.