BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Your favourite army build, horde, elite, mixed?

So as the title says what type of army build do you like? Waves of gaunts swamping the enemy? A Deathwing Terminator force crushing the enemy? Or that army designed to have a nice ol' mix of everything?

So I want to hear which build you mostly favour, why and examples of armies you own using these builds(please just a rough idea, if you want to post a whole army llst please vist the 40k army list section!)

Librarian

Nurgle Marching Legion list
    Large squads of Nurgle Marked troops, with sacred numbers all around. Everything is fairly hard for the common trooper to take down.
    I do it cuz I loooove ma Nurgle!

Chapter-Master

Strong Heavy Support builds.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Battle-Brother

I enjoy a mixed group. I run a Guard army with Daemonhunter allies. So basically i have all my guardsmen run forward with my Grey Knights following close behind... Then i drop my GK Termies out of the sky to help the lil guys in combat. Works well for me. Especially with my Tanks bringing up the rear...

Veteran-Sergeant

i must say with the newest marine codex its possible to be outnumbered 3 to 1 and still have enough damage output to table the opposing army.

gief flamarz plox

Battle-Brother

Favorite to play: Hordes. I like being able to take numerous casualties and yet not lose any effectiveness in my army.

Favorite to paint: Elite. I'd rather spend time lavishly painting fifteen models than basecoating and washing a hundred.
    You know you want it - http://basementgamingbunker.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Elite, High toughness / high save eldar Eldar with anything that takes the dice out of my opponents hands. (no saving throws)

Wraithlords, Wraithguard, Pathfinders, Mech Banshees, Mech Dragons...

I prefer mixed forces that allow me to react dynamicly to the board and my oponent. Forces that can hang in any of the rolled games and give my foe choices about what to attack and me choices about which units to use and where to place/move them.

Consequently I almost never get more than one squad of any type excepting troops and even then I like to have little variation between them.

Battle-Brother

Hordes. All kinds of hordes. Nothing is more fun than when your opponent goes all out to kill the 128 Gaunts running at him. Only to lose the game because they're worthless. SO satisfying.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play different styles so I don’t get bored or complacent playing the same army.
    My Ork army is a footslogging force with multiple mobs of 30 boys and tons of grots out front for cover.

My Eldar army is super elite with less than 40 models in a 1500pt list. I use Eldrad with warlocks & the Avatar backed up by aspect warriors. It’s built for synergy as the entire army supports itself. I love playing this style as I’m always outnumbered and have to rely on the superior skill of the Eldar to see me through.

My Red Corsair army is typical of CSM (or marines in general). Right now this is my favorite army as it’s the newest (one year old) and I really enjoy playing with the army. It’s probably the most balanced army I’ve ever fielded.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast