BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Your favourite Heavy Support choice?

So what's your favourite heavy support choice? The most feared Hammerhead? The multi-weaponed Obliterators? The army destroying Vindicator?

I want to know your favourite Heavy Support choices and why?

The Demolisher for it's amount of AP2 killyness and it's ability to soak up fire.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

This is a tough one because I love the vindicator, cheap and scary makes for a great spearhead. But i'm gonna go with Land Raider, get those Terms right into the thick of battle and generally take the fire off the rest of your army so regardless of how long it survives it normally accomplishes its task. I mostly run the crusader pattern but really want to try the redeemer!
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm, I haven't used it yet, but I have a strong suspicion it will be the manticore as soon as I use it

At the moment however, probably the Executioner.
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Obliterators all the way! 75 points a pop, all weapons included to fit any situation. Two wounds and low save with an invulnerable. Love them.
    With the left over Terminator bits I have from my Apoc formation I bought, my AoBR bits, and various weapons and Terminator Lord bits I have I was easily able to scratch build an apoc formation of 9 Obliterators.
    I need more!
    Currently I'm scrapping my Havoks to allocate weapons for more Obliterators.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Gotta go with the Whirlwind, but not for its killing power. While it can cause opponents problems if it's ignored, its real strength lies in its ability to make your opponent panic and focus all their attack forces on one 85-point model while the rest of your own army has board freedom.

And they say psychology died with 2nd Edition...

Battle-Brother

Carnifex.

How customizable is it?

Brother-Sergeant

Outflanking War Walkers armed with Scatter Lasers or Eldar Missle Launchers.

Veteran-Sergeant

My Inquisition is showing, but I love my Exorcist tanks. D6 S8 AP1 missiles a turn is just plain fun. Especially when hitting on 3's. I have had those tanks wreck heavy infantry and enemy armour alike.

The Immolator is another one I am fond off, especially wit T/L heavy Bolters and Blessed Ammunition so it ignores cover saves.

And a throw back from my IG days, the Basilisk. I have not used it since guess range was removed, but I was pretty darn accurate with that thing.

Demolisher with the plasma cannons. It will kill just about anything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast