BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 7th to 8th rare and special "duplicate choices" ??

Coming from 7th,

I'm hardwired around the limit on the amount of special and rare choices. I'm at a dilemma on my understanding on the new way it works (around the words used because they are the key point here).

Taken from pg 135 of new edition

It states that you cannot have more then 3 (special) and 2 (rare) choices of the same TYPE. So In my understanding that means as long as you have the points your free to fill up to as many as you want (in this case have a salamander, Razordon, and Ancient Stegadon in a 2000 pt army (these are rare choices for the uniformed).

Am I correct in this understanding?

You can field 2 of every rare in your army, so long as the total for those units does not exceed 25% of your army's points total. Same thing goes for Specials except you can field 3 of the same unit and they don't exceed 50% of your points total.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    You can field 2 of every rare in your army, so long as the total for those units does not exceed 25% of your army's points total. Same thing goes for Specials except you can field 3 of the same unit and they don't exceed 50% of your points total.
    cool,

Just had to make sure, I wasn't reading what I wanted.
    Last edited by solemnclockwork; 07-13-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Librarian

And also, High Elves ignore that sort of limit, so you can have 7 units of Phoenix Guard under 3k. Lol
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    And also, High Elves ignore that sort of limit, so you can have 7 units of Phoenix Guard under 3k. Lol
    How so?

It lists High elf silver Helms, as a example of this system. Is there an army rule I'm not aware of?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
    How so?

It lists High elf silver Helms, as a example of this system. Is there an army rule I'm not aware of?
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start =2[/url]

Check the High Elf FAQ/Errata/etc. It should be in there.
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    That's to say, 5 Ballistas? OMG, that's pretty much shooting....

I haven't read everyones errata yet.

Can someone give the page that "elite army" rule is one in the brb? I may be seeing it, but not realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
    I haven't read everyones errata yet.

Can someone give the page that "elite army" rule is one in the brb? I may be seeing it, but not realizing it.
    Page 1 of the High Elf FAQ...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280059a_FAQ_HighElves_2010.pdf[/url]
    "Read this post and shutup." - Melissia

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenZero View Post
    Page 1 of the High Elf FAQ...

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280059a_FAQ_HighElves_2010.pdf[/url]
    Please,

I said BRB, meaning the actual RULE BOOK, not the FAQ.

I wanted to know if this rule is errata specific or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast