BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had the privilege to play at the Rumble in the Jungle III 40k event organized by the [URL="https://paintingfrog.wordpress.com/"]Painting Frog[/URL] here in Brazil.

It was a farewell event to 7th edition. My list was as follows:
    Decurion
    Reclamation Legion
    - Overlord on CCB (WS/PS)
    - 5 Gauss Immortals
    - 10 Warriors
    - 10 Warriors
    - 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
    - 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
    Canoptek Harvest
    - Canoptek Spyder
    - 3 Canoptek Wraiths (TB)
    - 4 Canoptek Scarabs
    Combined Arms Detachment
    - Destroyer Lord (PS/Mastercrafted WS)
    - Sentry Pylon (FDR)
    - Sentry Pylon (FDR)
    - Sentry Pylon (FDR)
    - 5 Tesla Immortals
    - 5 Gauss Immortals
    - Void Shield Generator (3x void shields)

Some extra pictures at my blog [URL="https://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/2017/08/40k-necron-army-showcase-dakhma-dynasty.html"]Wargaming Rebel[/URL].

I was able to secure 2nd place as best general, 1st place as most impressive army and that net me the General Champion of the event trophy!

Round 1 vs Blood Angels
    MVP: Pylons, eating away the entirey of his armor and the contents within.
    Memorable moment: Immortals glancing down the Dread.

Result: Total Victory

Round 2 vs Innari
    MVP: Scarabs tying up his deathstar for most of the game.
    Second MVP: A Tyranid spire that funneled his Deathstar into scarab wall!
    Memorable Moment: Splitting his forces across the table to deny Soulburst actions and my opponent complaining that I hadn't killed any of his units at key points to deny that as well!

Round 3 vs Space Marines
    MVP: Autharok on his Reaper Raiment, charging again and again to try and keep some slim chance of victory after losing all three artillery pieces on round 1.
    Memorable moment: That initial bike engagement. It caught me by surprize and cost me the game. Well played Khan!

Result: Total Defeat

Round 4 vs Black Templars
    MVP: Sentry Pylons, eating all his soft armor support (land raiders are tough) and clearing away every last one of the Black Templar assault mob.
    Memorable Moment: Nassayan Charge on assault Terminators, cutting them down to the last man in a single round of combat.

Round 5 vs T'au
    MVP: Void Shield Generator for eating the entirety of his first round of shooting and forcing Farsight and his Killsquad to deal with it on Turn 2.
    Memorable moment: Turn 2 Necron Assault Phase when every warrior available multi-charged several Tau Suits, negating their threat, at the same time the two Tomb Blade units across the field charged even more T'au suits. We remaigned locked in combat to the very end.

Some pictures of the army itself!

Leading the army is my "objective 1", a cute baby wraith.

My scarab swarms are meant to be real swarms!

The Destroyer lord Nassayan leads the force, eager to prove his value to Autharok.

Autharok is here to report back to his Nemesor how his new weapons fare in battle. He oversees all from atop his reaper raiment.

The three Canoptek Tentilla (counts as Sentry Pylons) will see real battle for the first time. They are simply the tentacles of something gar sinister lurking underground...

I've been hit by a sudden inspiration and assembled and painted my old Deceiver model.

Long time since my last post. Things have been moving.

I've had time to put some more color in more demons for my wife's army:

I also got some Gauss Pylon Counts-as from TTCombat finished for my crons:

As well as finishing a set of hills and cliffs so we can play at home when we don't feel like going over to the club.

More pics of the table, as well as its building process, here: [url]https://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/2017/10/hobby-desert-table-finished.html[/url]

This model was exciting to assemble and paint. It's a deviation of the standard heroic scale from GW with delicate hands and thin arms more akin to infinity models.

I hope you like it. If you are a chaos player, definitely give it a go.

I've also written a [URL=http://wargamingrebel.blogspot.com.br/2017/11/batretp-40k-8th-space-wolfs-vs-tzeentch.html?]battle report[/URL] for a narrative campaign I'm playing with a friend.

It puts a small space wolf recon team being ambushed by chaos demons. I've tried to write it in the old White Dwarf style with lots of flavor and lots of pictures, let me know what you think!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123