BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Emperor's Children Mura Skara Question

I was hoping someone could clarify a rule in their limitations in their Rite of War.

It says they can not field and unit with the Immobile, Heavy or Slow and Purposeful Special Rules.

The only place I've noted a special rule of Heavy is in regards to weapons, and it clearly does not refer to that. I'm assuming it has something to do with movement, but in going thru the Legion Unit Lists, I'm not seeing anything anything with that rule, either. Does it refer to, say, Super Heavy Tanks?

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help, in advance. I'm guessing it's going to be something stupid I overlooked about 50 times while looking through stuff.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think 'Heavy' is on things like the leman russ tank.

Sometimes these things are for 'future proofing'.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Looked over the Rite of War, Sounds like the 'heavy' wording foes refer to any weapon with that special rule. The rest of the description sounds like heavy waepons and lots of large vehicles are something the Emperor's children don't really go for.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    I think 'Heavy' is on things like the leman russ tank.

Sometimes these things are for 'future proofing'.
    I had searched all of my codexes and found nothing, but I don't have the Guard codex, so I missed that, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    Looked over the Rite of War, Sounds like the 'heavy' wording foes refer to any weapon with that special rule. The rest of the description sounds like heavy waepons and lots of large vehicles are something the Emperor's children don't really go for.
    That was my first thought, but that would eliminate the use of their own Kakophany squads, as their weapons have the heavy rule. If you have to have the Emperor's Children rule from taking a Rite of War to take the unit, why would the Rite of War disallow that unit, you know? I think the guy above you has it right, since the other things it disallows refer to movement.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by zanth View Post
    I had searched all of my codexes and found nothing, but I don't have the Guard codex, so I missed that, thank you!

That was my first thought, but that would eliminate the use of their own Kakophany squads, as their weapons have the heavy rule. If you have to have the Emperor's Children rule from taking a Rite of War to take the unit, why would the Rite of War disallow that unit, you know? I think the guy above you has it right, since the other things it disallows refer to movement.
    My guess is, it would represent different aspects to the Emperor's Children. The Kokophany weapons came in near the end of the war and represented a shift in behavior of the Emperors Children.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.