BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graham McNeill

Adeptus Custodes

Default Graham McNeill

I'm literally in the door from a talk/book signing given by Graham McNeill. He gave out some juicy tidbits in the Q and A session.

the first question asked was how many more books were there going to be in the Horus Heresy Series, he said that we were only at the beginning, that we knew a lot about the start and the end of the heresy, but not a lot about the middle, and that this was where they were concentrating next- it was going to surprise a lot of people and the reason we don't know anything about it will become clear. He gave a polished answer so its clear that he's been asked this many times before.

He also said that his next book would be set on Terra, it would be a thriller amoungst the astropaths and would be similar to a theme already touched upon- devided loyalties in members of traitor legions who had spent the last few decades with Loyalist legions and who had conflicted loyalties.

he said tthere will not be a book about every legion, but every legion will be mentioned in a book. he speciefied that the iron hands had been covered by Fulgrim and there wasn't much more to do with them.

He also said that he was a bit tired of traitors who rebelled for conflicted reasons and were loyalk at heart- a la thousand sons and alpha legion, he wanted to do one about legions who did bad things for the pleasure of doing bad things. Someone shouted out night lords and he said that "Aaron" would be doing the book on them, he wanted to do one on the Iron Legion and they covered teh Doing bad things for fun aspect perfectly.

He also mentioned that the Space Wolves would not be like "Bill's space wolves" they wouldn't be Drinking, singing farting spacewolves- they'd be a lot more feral.

Hementioned that the Emporer had foreseen 40k and wanted to avoid the whole carrion lord on a golden throne scenario but that Magnus had accidentally put a hole in this.

He Draws inspiration from Joss Whedons directors commentary and Honsou gets some of this inspiration- specifically his yeah whatever attitude to other Chaos Warlords more pontificating speeches.

I over heard him mention he had difficulty writing mechanicum when signing someone elses books..

Whilst I was getting My book signed I asked how he pronounced Lasgun- Lasgun or Layz-gun. He seemed surprised that anyone would ever pro nounce it Layz gun and said that americans misprounounce many parts of the 40k Universe- examples he gave were SEE-tan and xenich.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Whilst I was getting My book signed I asked how he pronounced Lasgun- Lasgun or Layz-gun. He seemed surprised that anyone would ever pro nounce it Layz gun and said that americans misprounounce many parts of the 40k Universe- examples he gave were SEE-tan and xenich.
    The first one is C'tan (I've always said it with a hard sound like 'cat' - k'tarn - myself), but what's the second?

Thanks for sharing all the info

Abbess Sanctorum

I've never heard anyone from the US pronounce it "lays-gun". That was always a purely british pronunciation as far as my memory goes.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Actually Im guilty of pronouncing it lays-gun. I did get See-tan right though ^_^

Thanks for the info Grailkeeper!
    Why do my Guardsmen always seem to be in leg warmers??

Adeptus Custodes

xenitch= Tzeench I presume.

No revelations here- just general observations he made

He also mentioned Dead sky black sun was one of his favourite books to write, but his favourite scene was the Slaaneshi Opera from Fulgrim.

The emperor is deliberately being given a behind the scenes role in the heresy- he felt that if you read about teh second world war you'll hear about Hitler or Churchill but not in a combat capacity.

He defended Fulgrim being able to kill an avatar- if a marine with a powerfist can do it, a primarch can definitely do it.

Speaking about his other works he said that he really wanted to show chaos as being evil and unattractive, he particularly wanted to get away from the two dimentional chaos marine " I am Malgathor the Scavenger, I will kill you all- oh wait now I'm dead" who turns up and is defeated due to some slip up. He wanted to show them as being at least the equals in terms of ability as any imperial agent. Chaos is the biggest threat to the imperium.

He'd been up since half 2 yesterday morning and was still taking time to chat to fans- class act all the way.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

No more Iron Hands?
    Surely not!

I'd be upset if they didn't get a personal book, considering that the books so far have been all over the place with timing.

I'd figure there is a lot to say about Ferrus Manus landing on Medusa, and also his very close relationship with the Mechanicum and Kelbor-Hal..
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Veteran-Sergeant

I hope the UMs get something (Short story, audiobook, whatever) to do with the scouring- After the shame that was Battle for the Abyss, my boys in blue need some better-quality lovin'

Adeptus Custodes

He mentioned something about the next book being about loyalists who were tempted, but did not fall over the edge, he said the series had concetrated too much on the traitor side of the story. that sounds like the dark angels to me tho and we already have those,terrible, terrible books. So there will be more Loyalist lovin' but probably not ultramarines.

from a personal point of view I can't see there being a salamanders book.

How do I put up pics I would like to show my autographed copy of the chapters due. Jusy to prove I'm not spoofing

Veteran-Sergeant

McNiell is my favourite Black Library author. (I am not a fan of Adnett.)

I'm always happy to see more HH books by him.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by murrburger View Post
    McNiell is my favourite Black Library author. (I am not a fan of Adnett.)

I'm always happy to see more HH books by him.
    Why no Abnett?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast