BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Idea to fix orks

I was looking at my stuff the other day. My daughter is getting better at getting things she likes the look of so I'm moving "display models" (stuff I had on shelves and on top of bookcases) into storage tubs.
    I'm obsessed by tubs ie plastic containers of various sizes and shapes in which to to store my spikey anomalies.
    Anyway, I had occasion to open the tub full of Orks and saw the nascent army in all its grey sprued glory. I pondered why I had not pursued this path to glory, and had an epiphany!
    After changing my pants I have come to the conclusion that it is worthwhile sharing with others.

My plan to fix Orks goes like this.

Give every Ork one more wound.
    That's it . Everything else stays the same. Points, mob rule etc.
    It will embody the toughness of the Ork and is an elegantly Orky solution to the current plethora of demi-codex-decurion-formations,
    Oi just give us anuvva woound Caarrrnnts!

Any comments gratefully accepted.
    Love peace and respect
    BG

Chaplain

You can't fix Orks, they are gender-less.

Librarian

My solution has less book keeping.

Buy a set of Gork & Mork Dice.

Treat every face of Gork or Mork as the best possible result for the Orks, i.e, usually a 6 but occasionally a 1.

You're welcome.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Veteran-Sergeant

I think the best way to fix orks and make them more like the fluff is to give them a respawn rule. Once a unit get's wiped out, another enters the table just like it. In the stories, there's no end to the hoard, you just have to hop you can last long enough to acomplish your mission and maybe get lucky enough to kill the warlord (who should be stupid tough to kill)
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Chaplain

Admittedly, last time I posted I was a little whimsical in my response, mainly due to the fact that my Mum had just had her new cat fixed. However, I rather agree with your proposal in regards to the Green skin tide. It does not make them unstoppable but it does give them a better than average chance of getting a goodly number of boys into assault. I used to play Orks back before they were nerfed to oblivion, and back in the day I used to run mobs of 16 with 3 heavy weapons. I dropped them when Phil Kelly turned them into a points sink and many of the special rules that gave them their flavour were dropped. With your suggestion, a mob of 16 ard boys would be a viable force again, even if they were restricted to one heavy weapon.