BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Tyanids

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Jim's Tyranids

I finally have the time to start painting the 'nids I bought with the new codex release. Let me know what you think!

Sorry for the ok pictures. I just moved a week and a half ago and don't have any kind of light box set up. Also, this is using an iPhone. I'll break out the better camera when I can light them properly.

Hive Tyrant + Guard

Last edited by Fizyx; 05-29-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Zoanthropes

Venomthrope

Veteran-Sergeant

Hive Guard:

All together now:

Veteran-Sergeant

Finished Carnifex from my game today:

The Dark Mechanic

Looking good, Jim! Glad to see you're still finding time for the hobby. I just finished two more Land Raiders for my Space Marine army and took a photo of all four Land Raiders together. You can see them in [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-13937-5808_Spears%20Of%20Ares%20Space%20Marines.html"]my Gallery[/URL] and [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=6026&page=3"]here in the Lounge[/URL].

You seem to be one of the few Tyranid players that still use Carnifexes from what I can tell. I hear a lot of players say they now avoid using them because of their high points cost versus their survivability against power fists and the like. How did the Carnifex(es) do in your recent games?

Hope to see more pictures of your painting progress soon.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Veteran-Sergeant

Like any model, it is all in how you play it. I knew which squads to avoid and the like. Yes, Powerfists are killer, but honestly the Carnifex is still an amazing killer if you use him right.

I now have 8 warriors + a Prime with Boneswords. That'll probably be my next project after I finish these Genestealers.

Also, I edited the title in my post to reflect the accurate spelling of "Tyranid," but it doesn't seem to have changed in the topic list in the sub-forum. Is there any way to change that?
    Last edited by Fizyx; 05-30-2010 at 09:36 PM.

The Dark Mechanic

it doesn't seem to have changed in the topic list in the sub-forum. Is there any way to change that?
    If there is a way to change the title of the thread after it's been started, I haven't found one and I have tried. When I update my painting thread for my Spears of Ares Marines here I've tried to change the title of the thread to show the latest date it was updated with new pics, but I have not found a way to do that.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I like the colour scheme, though I personally would have painted the carapaxesa bit more blue and less grey, but that`s just my opinoin, Anyway, you have a nice paintig style, it`s all so clean and correct. Those bugs look great.

But am I the only one who thinks that those bases don`t do the minis justice? To make matters worse, they look way too similar to the tyranids themselves. A bit more detail and a more contrasting colour scheme on the bases would really add to this army`s overall impression.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
    But am I the only one who thinks that those bases don`t do the minis justice? To make matters worse, they look way too similar to the tyranids themselves. A bit more detail and a more contrasting colour scheme on the bases would really add to this army`s overall impression.
    Maybe thats the idea? The hive minds evolution for this wave of bugs is a caraspace that blends in a little more with the surface of this alien world?

Overall i really like the army. The caraspace is so clean and crisp it looks awesome!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

I love a good looking Tyranid army.
    40k in Aggieland-- PM me for info
    40k in Middle Tennessee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast