BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Skaven 1500

Battle-Brother

Default Skaven 1500

So with the new General's Hanbook out, the whole summer campaign, I thought I'd actually get into Age of Sigmar, and have started to build Skaven.

There's a 1500 point tournament coming up soon near me, and I want to bring my Skaven. However, I am wanting to know if I have a good list or not. I definitely feel as if I have an interesting idea, but I'm unsure if the list isactually any good. But anyways, onto the list:

Battleline:

20 Clanrats with Rusty Blade and Clanshields - 120 points

20 Clanrats with Rusty Blade and Clanshields - 120 points

Leader:

Thanquol on Boneripper with Warpfire Throwers - 500 points

Arch-Warlock with the Crown of Command - 140 points

Other:

3 Stormfieds with 1 Grinderfist, 1 Warpfire Thrower, and 1 Ratling Gun - 300 points

3 Stormfieds with 1 Grinderfist, 1 Warpfire Thrower, and 1 Ratling Gun - 300 points

Total: 1480

The idea of the list primarily relies in the Stormfiends, Arch-Warlock, and Thanquol doing a lot of the work, whileas the Clanrats mainly act as distraction and support, and just being a general nuisance. Thanquol and the Arch-Warlock would stay close, so that Thanquol could cast the Arch-Warlock's Warpstorm with greater reliability, while the Arch-Warlock slings Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shields to try to catch out enemy dispell attempts. The Stormfiends, on the other hand, are major disruptors, burrowing onto the field with their Grinderfits, and getting off some Ratling Gun shots on the turn they come up. On susequent turns, the Warpfire Throwers comes into play, and really start to hurt. In basic, its a more elite version of Skaven with a lot of big, tough, hard hitters, and lots of spells, versus the general horde strategy.

Also, I'm unsure if I'm allowed to have the points in these lists? If I'm not, I can remove them.

Isn't the artefact determined randomly before the game, or are there other rules for that?
    Night Goblins, World Eaters, Dark Angels, Imperial Guard