BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Nice work. I'm making a Blood Angels based Mechanicum strike force. How did you make the "green stuff stamp" for the scout shoulders if I may inquire....

I bought a manufactorum set and carved out the Adeptus Mechanicus symbol and made a mold of that, its good for vehicle sides but I'm looking to make a smaller one...

Thanks!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rshort View Post
    Nice work. I'm making a Blood Angels based Mechanicum strike force. How did you make the "green stuff stamp" for the scout shoulders if I may inquire....

I bought a manufactorum set and carved out the Adeptus Mechanicus symbol and made a mold of that, its good for vehicle sides but I'm looking to make a smaller one...

Thanks!
    sorry for the delay in getting back to you... been busy with projects...
    so the green stuff stamp was made directly off a landspeeder pilot Space Marine Mechanicus shoulder pad... it did take 3 trys to get it right, but the 3rd one works great.. pretty much the same angle as the scout shoulder pad.. still needs a bit of trimming after drying, but works great..
    Still don't have a camera but have some major updates to be posting to this army soon.. just finished a pysker battle squad.. repainted my knight (sentinel), have two full veteran squads with chimeras... so i am thinking i am going to have to borrow someones camera just to stay updated!!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

yes... as i mentioned my camera is still out of action.. but wanted to post a recent conversion.. can't really use this in my AdMech army... but always wanted to try a master of the forge on a bike with a conversion beamer... so here is my recent conversion

originally, it was a RT or 2nd Edition Chaplain on a jet bike... but cut the top of the Chaplain and attached a tech marine body on it.. can't see it in the pict but he has a power axe in the right hand... the servo harness is straight from a tech marine... with a communications tower from GW's Bastion scenery cut and converted to be a the beamer... I used 6 layers of green to emulate a power build up in the beamer itself... sadly you can't see any of the subtle highlights...but soon i will be in camera action again!!!

Battle-Brother

Semper Mechanicum man! That stuff is literally ace, you make a venerable tech preist cry. I may have to use that technique for some Skitarii.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey all... got my camera back and some new models to share... first up my pysker battle squad (which I totally borrowed the idea from someone else's Mechanicus Army here). Not very exciting really, but they're done.

Next up is going to be some special character or HQ not sure what yet. Its was a steel legion officer (OOP I think). I cut off his right arm and gave him one of the necromunda power claws (counts as power fist) and cut off the bolt pistol and give him a plasma pistol. The power pack was just a modified Mk II or Mk III space marine backpack... with some mechanical additions. added a green stuff cowl and extended his coat to make a robe of sorts... Think it will paint up nicely.

continued...

Veteran-Sergeant

next up... I was really not liking the panel markings of my first knight, so switched that to a white and black striping to make it stand out a bit more... this is also going to be the markings on my tanks and vehicles.. white with a black diagonal stripe. anyhow here are a couple new photos...

Just ordered more dreadnaught CCW arms from forgeworld... so should have a couple more done in the next month or so... don't have a photo of it, but for sure my next one (which is almost done) is going to be armed in one arm with an shortened autocannon and the other arm is a crazy huge chain sword i made out of 4 space marine chains swords, cut and modified to look like one 2 meter one... it looks awesome I think.

This next guy is going to be my lead knight I think... It looks slightly weird at this point in the modeling process, but I have high hopes for it. At this stage, it is basically composed of 2nd edition IG sentinel legs... a 2nd edition SM landspeeder (with heavy flamer) as the body.. 2 necromunda modified pilots... 2 IG sentinel exhaust stacks... I think I am going to try and add some sort of missile firing thing (perhaps from a whirlwind?) on the very top... still very much a WIP

it looks a bit awkward still... ha!

continued...
    Last edited by PedroKantor; 07-12-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Just got my FW dread arms last night.. so put together my new knight with a CCW and autocannon... very work in progress...
    I know sentinels cant have CCW.. but eh i think it will look cool and thats all that matters...

Veteran-Sergeant

Im back... Although I think this is the last time I am going to be reviving this thread... Those of you who have liked some of the stuff I've done can follow more at [URL="http://2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com/"]http://2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com/[/URL] where i will be posting every now and again...
    First up, my newly painted AutoCannon CCW Knight. Really happy with how this one turned out... Still need to work on making each unique in some sort. Probably unique numbering or identification... but heres a couple picts.

Next up,
    I recently bought one of those out of print Adeptus Mechanicus Skulls set of 9 metal mini's and have been painting them up. Probably to be used as a command squad and HQ.. As some of you may notice.. i have yet to be able to paint eyes at all!!! not sure why they are so hard for me, i found a couple tutorials online too and still just no good at em... but practice practice practice...

HQ

Veteran-Sergeant

some more

Alright Thanks BOLS readers!

Well..in my humble opinion....you have NAILED the look of the blessed servants of the Omnissiah. And those sentinel conversions are the icing on the win cake. great work!
    Why do my Guardsmen always seem to be in leg warmers??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123