BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default yet another WIP mechanicus blog

Hey noticed a few others posting photo's of their own Mechanicus armies.. so thought I would throw up a couple pictures of mine.. very WIP... but excited about moving forward with em.
    First up is a couple photo's of my Mechanicus Manticore (started this before i saw the new models coming out ) oh well i like it..

Veteran-Sergeant

next up are some veteran Skatarii. I decided to go with scouts with green stuff cowls as my veterans as i didn't really like the conversions most other people have done (ie high elves and guard mixes) pretty stoked on em. I also make a green stuff mechanicus stamp that i've been stamping on everyones shoulder pads... not the best but still pretty cool i think

Veteran-Sergeant

finally a picture of my first lascannon heavy weapon squad

these guys are going to be awesome I think. Now that i've actually started a post, will try and keep motivated to continue my work.. have tons of servitors in various stages of conversion and painting. about 20 more scout Skatarii veterans in various stages. Just purchased 7 sentinels that i am going to convert into knights. will post more as i things come together.
    Cheers,
    Eric

Brother-Sergeant

Great work man, keep it up! I really like the veterans and manticore.

Veteran-Sergeant

hey i want to ask folks for advice...
    starting to work on my 1st sentinel (aka a knight) and want to put weapons on both sides.
    i green stuffed the right panel to minic the left one (so it looks like it fully armored). was just re-reading mechanicus and the nights in there sound like their weapon are mounted on actual arms... was trying to figure out what would best work for those arms... i have some crisis suits and thought their arms might work, but its too... small... i think. Also put a dread on arm on it and it looks better but its not really an arm. So any thoughts from folks as to what I could use to make arms (maybe similar to titan arms?)

Veteran-Sergeant

here is another photo of some close combat servitors... not sure what i would run them as... maybe as electropriest (count as arco-flagellants although i don't see too many folks running them these days) or perhaps just warriors or henchman for a inquisitor???

Librarian

Nice mechanicus army, full of awesome conversions.

What are you using for the treads on those heavy weapons?
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by person person View Post
    Nice mechanicus army, full of awesome conversions.

What are you using for the treads on those heavy weapons?
    there a rapier laser destroyer (from Rouge Trader and 2nd edition) and a lascannon sponson from a predator... if anyone out there has any rapier laser destroyers... i need some and have $$$$

Veteran-Sergeant

oh man.. almost there... Although its killing me... just cut the FW CCW arms apart from a Dread I recently built and painted... [URL="http://2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-crimson-fists.html"]http://2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-crimson-fists.html[/URL]
    but this is totally what i am after with my knights (count as sentinels). need to buy some primer asap so I can get this painted up and posted for reals... let me know what you all think.

so stoked!!!

I really like the skitarri you made. I wish I had the skill to use greenstuff
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast