BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Blood Angels Librarian Dread

So... Should I paint him red, or stick with the traditional blue?

Opinions?

Chapter-Master

That's an excellent question... I say silver and gold and use him as a GK dread in the new codex!

Seriously, though, I think blue with some red would be appropriate. As I recall, Librarians still have some chapter markings, even if most of their armor is blue. Same thing here, I think.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Yeah... I'm so torn..

With a Libby in armour, I can stomach the other color, because it's smaller. But a dread will be a GIANT blue block in my booootiful red army!

Decisions decisions.

u could do the main section in red but give it a blue psychic hood and/or fist, something along those lines might work, or u could try one of the visual psychic conversions like a flaming dred fist or lightning and just paint the dred red, so its clear hes a libby dred since hes got lightning flying from his fist
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Veteran-Sergeant

Red with a blue pad.

I did black with a blue pad on my Iron Hands. [url]http://derina-ironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com/2010/05/iron-hands-libby.html[/url]
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Just paint him red. That way, you can switch out the arms on him in case you need to change to a normal furioso.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallan42nd View Post
    Just paint him red. That way, you can switch out the arms on him in case you need to change to a normal furioso.
    Brilliant. This is what I"m doing.

Personally, having used the Venerable Dread kit, I painted the vehicle body red, but then painted any part of his exposed power armour blue. I was a bit concerned it'd look a bit silly at first, but I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out.