BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justice League

Default Justice League

It doesn't look half bad.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Thought it looked alright, but why only one female?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Because sexism lol. I mean to be fair its not a new problem with the Justice League, but it is a shame they couldn't have added another woman.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'd love to see Powergirl or Zatanna personally. Oh well.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Meh.....for now.

Seeing BvS tonight in the pub, so may return exactly as I am, or more enthusiastic.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Wonder Woman is the best part of BvS. Justice League looks like it has learned the lesson that people are sick of super-grimdark and want fun superheroes. Doesn't mean it is going to be any good, but its a hopeful sign.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wonder Woman is the best part of BvS. Justice League looks like it has learned the lesson that people are sick of super-grimdark and want fun superheroes. Doesn't mean it is going to be any good, but its a hopeful sign.
    Agreed, tbh she was the only reason I even watched that movie, and she stole the spotlight. I didn't particularly care for it otherwise personally.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Because sexism lol. I mean to be fair its not a new problem with the Justice League, but it is a shame they couldn't have added another woman.
    Maybe they will as they expand it? There's been a lot of characters in the JLA (and it's amusing they're dropping the A, but eh, I guess that helps it sell around the world, and makes sense, but *is* a change to the name), seems they're focusing on the "main" characters for now, the most well-known.

Then again, it's not like I can really name female DC heroes outside of Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and one of the new Green Lanterns. Harley Quin isn't a hero, and Catwoman isn't really a hero either. And now I'm starting to draw a blank. I can name another villain or two (like Poison Ivy), but heroes... so much blank. (Oh, wait, "Gotham Girl," the sister of "Gotham," in the new Batman run.)

Meanwhile, on Marvel's side: Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Medusa, Sue Richards, Valerie Richards, Jessica Jones, Nico, Dazzler, Jane Foster as Thor, Crystal (IIRC... Medusa's sister), America Chavez, Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool (sort of... I mean, she's kind of canon, right?), Silk, Scarlet Witch, Squirrel Girl, White Tiger, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Quake, Misty Knight, the-lady-whose-name-I-can't-remember-in-Ultimates (d'oh), Angela, Gamora, Kitty Pryde, Storm, Magik, Rogue, Jean Grey, Hope Summers, and, of course, Moon Girl. That's just off the top of my head, no looking it up.

Maybe I'm just more into Marvel than DC, and it's not that bad, but it seems like Marvel's got DC handily beat on female superheroes to choose from.

Help me out here... Surely DC's got a bigger lineup and I'm missing some obvious names?
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Well some good JL candidates would be Vixen, Black Canary, Batgirl, Batwoman, Superwoman, Jessica Cruz Green Lantern, Huntress, The Question (Stephania Brown version). Probably a lot more that I'm forgetting. Marvel has certainly done a better job of developing a wider range of female characters it is true.

Brother-Captain

Hawkgirl, who always managed to be more interesting than her partner/brother (in different continuities, not simulataneously) Hawkman.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast