BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default An interesting thing

So I know that Forge World bases a lot of what they do for their Heresy-era stuff on pre-existing designs. HH is essentially their excuse to go full-bore nostalgia, and remake all the wonky old models so they look f**king amazing.

I didn't like the AdMech Thallaxi at all when they came out. Just a weird design that didn't seem to fit and seemed quite out of place.

Then, the other day, I found this:

I mean, it's wonky, but you can see the connection between this ancient miniature from back in the day - one I've never even seen once until now - and the AdMech's very first core Troop choice! You can see how, even with the not-great sculpting, it's the same helmet design, same arms, same weapon - even down to the chainblade! - same huge turbine... It's all there.

And I've not seen anyone make this connection yet, which is weird, because this is just rather awesome. Fanservice for that one guy out of the four who bought the original model and actually liked it.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Definitely, 100% Proto-Thallax, particularly as it itself is a divergent development of Power Armour
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I've got one of these, before my time but saw a good price for it on ebay, its a cool little model and yeah, I'd noticed the homage in the Thallax (which i also love)

Chapter-Master

that is very cool. I really like the thallax personally.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Yep. You're right, this was interesting.

The link is clearly visible. That is somewhat amazing.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Nice find!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan