BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Da Krate!

Default Open Da Krate!

[url=www.openthekrate.com]Wot is it? We don't know![/url]

Seriously. Found a flier for this in my Warhammerfest bag, and naturally signed up.

Registration email promises a new branch to the 40k community and an exciting mobile experience??

Only way to find out is for people to sign up!

Helps if I use the right URL....
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-14-2016 at 12:40 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

This is another new thing they where apparently pushing at Dreamhack today, again thinking more info will become available tomorrow at Warhammerfest.

GW Loot Crate equivalent?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quite possible - but no idea!

We need people to sign up so we can finds out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    GW Loot Crate equivalent?
    God I hope it doesn't include Funko Pop Vinyls like ever other damned loot crate seems too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Never got the interest in those. Sure, I'll buy them for friends as presents - they're pretty well positioned for that in terms of price and styling.

But other than Frank'n'Furter, who is here for that very purpose, Mystery Towers is devoid of such things

I don't like the style of Pops, but one of my friends is obsessed. She has dozens of them.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

I wish GW would get off this mobile obsession

I have far too many Pops. But a Terminator, sister of battle, and a space marine would be nice additions.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I don't even own a smartphone, just a basic cellphone. I also have no idea wtf a funko pop vinyl is, it sounds like some kind of collectable music record to me. I feel so out of touch.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Wow. They're really getting into the subscription service thing. Don't they already have two for Black Library, and the deal with the one publishing group that puts out spiffed-up versions of their books? And now basically a loot crate?

The "get X number of sign ups to reveal info" is a trick to get emails to market to. Not got anything against that, we do tricks like that, too. Recognizing it makes it a little harder for me to sign up with things like that (not just GW, with anyone). Hey, at least the marketing team there is learning new (old) tricks. I'll watch to see the news. Even if they don't hit the goal, they'll tell us. You don't spend that much on a new product line (hey, a loot crate is still a product!) and then decide to scrap it because you couldn't get enough emails, especially as right now it relies on people having been at a localized event in a single country and them spreading word of mouth (though I suspect it'll be on their FB pages soon enough).
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast