BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    I can only try to imagine the boost the right (both UK and Europe) would get if the referendum was to be repeated or ignored.
    Aye.
    In Austria they are already preparing their voters for this case...
    Thats why GB has to suffer... those people have to realize that the nationalist power fantasy bubble their leaders try to conjure in their minds burst in a ****ty mess as soon as it touches reality.
    Make no mistake, I hate what the people of GB have to go through because of thiss mess, but I dont want the same **** happening all over europe too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

ffs imagine colonising the entire world and the colonials still can't spell colonise correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    on that EU vote table, 'number of years they will have to live with the decision' frankly it is worse than that, the people who are 60+ wont have to live with anything. they have had their jobs, got their pensions, lived their lives with all the benefits. they don't need to worry now about unemployment, house price collapse, or anything else. they have already got what they wanted.
    Isn't the current generation expected to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Lol.

Nicola Sturgeon is talking about using Holyroods veto power to stop the thing happening, and constitutional experts are debating whether their ability to withhold consent for something is the same as blocking it. If nothing else its another justification for dropping the whole damn mess.
    I would assume that whenever they set holyrood up that is was written in that it was subservient to westminister otherwise that's a massive oversight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    The official reactions are mostly shock, which surprises me a bit. How can anyone be shocked if it was well know that it would be an open race? Doesn't actually raise my confidence in the political class. apart from that a lot of uncertainty and wait and see. Will there be less EU as a reaction or more now that it lost a brake block? Will negative impact be minimized or will the UK be hit with a heavy stick in order to discipline other countries? Who are those countries that could want to leave next? Netherlands? Maybe even France?

Comments sections seem to be less disappointed but more sceptical that the EU will get their stuff together.

One public broadcast commentator called it the most depressing day since the Reunification which I found pretty amusing but I doubt he ment it the way it could be read.
    So it's not just ours asleep at the wheel then?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Can we reflect on the fact that the Remain camp predicted the economic collapse that would follow, and the Leave campaign dismissed it as scaremongering? Now they admit they had no plan for what to do after the damned vote. Two trillion dollars wiped off the global market so far(120,000 per Leave voter), no more AAA credit rating, everyone predicting a recession, and the Leave campaign abandoning every promise they made. Yay.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

spectacular isn't it?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

And that's why I don't think Article 50, that big old shiny red self destruct button is actually gonna be pushed. Ever.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I hope it keeps getting worse, because that might be what stops them from initiating the leave. Politicians will need an excuse, and a collapsing economy is a good one that might get through to some people.

Yep. Son the word of a bunch of liars who lied about having a plan post-vote we now have a divided country, a crippled economy, any semblance of national dignity lost, an UK that will cease to exist and a surge in hate crime against migrants and those perceived to be migrants (ie people of colour). Oh and we've lost any right to mock America over Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And that's why I don't think Article 50, that big old shiny red self destruct button is actually gonna be pushed. Ever.
    Agreed.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yup.

I still suspect we'll see a second referendum before long - an ok seriously, do you really, really, REALLY want to do this? type affair.

There seems a fair chunk of Leave voters seriously peeved that they were lied to, and that 'project fear' was actually 'project no-really-this-is-what's-going-to-happen-you-morons' all along.

Chapter-Master

well one of the Leave people openly stated on live TV that there was no plan, they hadn't thought about it, hadn't discussed it, they were literally going to work it out after the vote.

Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast