BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

I'm not sure it will come to another vote, and I'm not sure it should, the country is divided enough. I think we need to see some actual political leadership from someone, maybe May, and just come out and drop the whole ****ing thing. Hell blame it on the Scottish veto if they have too I'm sure they won't mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    well one of the Leave people openly stated on live TV that there was no plan, they hadn't thought about it, hadn't discussed it, they were literally going to work it out after the vote.
    I genuinely believe they had no expectation the Leave vote would win, and they just wanted to exploit the fuss to increase their own platform, Johnson in particular. He looks like a naughty little boy caught in a lie and suddenly faced with having to take responsibility.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

yeah I don't want to see another referendum, just ignore this one. it is quite a common thing to do, a number of EU countries have held referendums and ignored the result as there wasn't sufficient majority.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hell blame it on the Scottish veto if they have too I'm sure they won't mind.
    I would, as far-right morons would just hear my accent, and not concern themselves I've lived in England for 25 years, and more than 2/3rds of my life...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's not binding, and constitutional lawyers are saying it needs to go before Parliament anyway, so either just don't invoke Article 50 in the first place, or put it before Parliament and watch as MPs fall over themselves to vote remain so they can't be held accountable for what would happen if we did leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I would, as far-right morons would just hear my accent, and not concern themselves I've lived in England for 25 years, and more than 2/3rds of my life...
    Fair point.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

things like the Scottish MP standing up and ruling out any possibility of Scotland voting to allow Article 50 have given me a little bit of confidence back. combined with the Leave people instantly dropping all of their promises, and then falling over themselves to rule out any quick start to the process. maybe we will be ok

Yup.

I really just can't envisage it happening - the outcome of the referendum is being brought into question because Leave quickly admitted, after the fact, they'd been talking utter rubbish, and that's by those who voted Leave.

This isn't like a Parliamentary Election, where in theory outright liars have a finite shelf life, and the damage that can be done is inherently limited.

This is meant to be a once-off. I'm still in two minds about a second referendum. I respect the democratic process, and perhaps cold heartedly I'm confident I'll still have my job in the years to come and wouldn't overly mind watching those who voted Leave suffer the consequences of their actions.

But it's those lies....they rankle me. I hate liars. I don't think there's anything more base and awful than lying. And I hate to see anyone profit from the lies they told, especially at the expense of those they lied to. Doesn't matter what the lie is - as far as I'm concerned you just don't do it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

definitely, it is infuriating. The Isle of Man could do well out of a Brexit, because some of the businesses that leave London will inevitably come to us, and a decent sized bank coming here would be a massive boost. We aren't in the EU anyway, we have much lower tax rates, we are a known factor in a sea of uncertainty. but I don't want to profit at the expense of the UK like that.

Brother-Captain

The market was always going to crash after a Leave vote, because markets hate change. Even if it was the best option ever and the vote was a landslide. I'm not sure that that should be used as a metric so soon; if the markets stay depressed that's one thing, but they may recover quite quickly if people decide it isn't the end of the world.

Of course, the longer Parliament dithers on how to go forward, the longer that period of uncertainty and thus depressed markets will last.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Of course, the longer Parliament dithers on how to go forward, the longer that period of uncertainty and thus depressed markets will last.
    Im willing to bet they had no plan behind this and just wanted to use the dissapointment of the people that voted leave and still had to stay.
    Instead they go their will (which was not what they actually wanted) and have no plan now because they did not think this will actually happen.

I also think that nobody wants to sit on the hot seat now. That uncertain situation will last while beeing on both sides under pressure from their people on the inside and the EU from the outside.
    Also Scottland gave a damn good speech in the EU parliament and I can see GB completely crumble.

Chapter-Master

There's still nothing to actually say all the proEU scots are more proEU than pro-union.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast