BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Pairing with single Deathwatch units

Is it possible to pair Independent Characters [from a different codex] with units from Deathwatch that are just made up of a single model?

Could two man power teams be effective?

Prospective idea is to pair the Death watch Raven Guard [Setoraz] with some Jump Pack Independent Character.

I don't know if all Setoraz's rules can be shared with his Battle Brother (getting jump pack moves in both movement and assault phases) but I think Setoraz might be able to share his stealth and shrouded.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    Is it possible to pair Independent Characters [from a different codex] with units from Deathwatch that are just made up of a single model?
    If they are Battle Brothers, yes. Also, timing of joining may be affected if any of them have Infiltrate.

Could two man power teams be effective?
    Depends on the men.

Prospective idea is to pair the Death watch Raven Guard [Setoraz] with some Jump Pack Independent Character.

I don't know if all Setoraz's rules can be shared with his Battle Brother (getting jump pack moves in both movement and assault phases) but I think Setoraz might be able to share his stealth and shrouded.
    Units with Jump require all models use the same movement type. If one model cannot Jump, none technically can.

A question for you, does he have Chapter Tactics? If so, keep that in mind as it can affect whoever you join him with if they do. Also keep in mind Shrike's Special Rules as well. If Setoraz does not have Infiltrate, you cannot join them on the table till after deployment. Good news is that Setoraz sounds like he has Jump Packs so could be joined by Shrike in Deep Strike (if he has Infiltrate, maybe).

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks man!

I was thinking of pairing Setoraz with Dante. Setoraz doesn't have Chapter Tactics, nor does he have Infiltrate.
    Setoraz has:
    - Stealth
    - Shrouded til the start of the second turn
    - May use Jump Pack in both Movement and Assault phases of the same turn
    - When making Hammer of Wrath may re-roll failed To Wound rolls
    - re-roll one or both dice when determining charge range
    - always passes Initiative test for Glorious Intervention
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Banned

Thanks man!

I was thinking of pairing Setoraz with Dante. Setoraz doesn't have Chapter Tactics, nor does he have Infiltrate.
    Setoraz has:
    - Stealth
    - Shrouded til the start of the second turn
    - May use Jump Pack in both Movement and Assault phases of the same turn
    - When making Hammer of Wrath may re-roll failed To Wound rolls
    - re-roll one or both dice when determining charge range
    - always passes Initiative test for Glorious Intervention
    So it looks like he has Raven Guard Chapter Tactics, but just not under that specific rule. That is very good for attaching another Raven Guard IC to them, or even a Black Templar Chaplain to him.

But the Templar Chaplain would have the same problem as Dante. If you plan on using Hammer of Wrath in the Assault Phase, they both have to foot it in the Movement Phase. The Raven Guard IC will not have this issue, however. So keep that in mind.

Brother-Sergeant

Pair him up with Shrike. Or Korvydae. Kill Team Raven! GO!
    Cutter on the Eldar: "They'll be dead soon, why not throw them a wraithbone every now and then?"