BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Renegade Knight List Ideas

With the spoilers up for Freeblade: Renegade, it seems fitting that we get some preliminary list builds up. Here's what I'm looking to build:

Purge Detachment 965
    • Why Purge? - Area denial rules and less fat (i.e.: no obligatory CSMs/Cultists).

HQ 230

Typhus 230
    • The rancid cream filling of our primary destraction Carnifex unit, and nets us a second Relic unlock.

Elites 315

2 Mutilators 110 Mark of Nurgle 12 Veterans of the Long War 8
    • The sticky Caramel to Typhus's chewy nuggat. There to fill a compulsory slot and give the Herald some extra wounds/hits.

Ferum Infernus Dreadnought 135 Dedication to Nurgle 20 Destroyer of Cities 30 Extra Armour 10
    • Comp number 2 is there to hold the line and make things try to stay away.

Heavy Support 385

Infernal Relic Land Raider Achilles 330 Pintle Heavy Bolter w/ Malefic Ammunition 30 Dozer Blade 5 Dirge Caster 5 Destroyer Blades 15
    • This is the chocolate coating for our Typhus-flavored Mars bar. Loaded out to advance and fire, draw a lot of fire and dish a lot out, the Achilles just don't care. Ideally, it gets down field and starts making things really uncomfortable.

Fortifications 45

Wall of Martyrs Defence Implacement 40 Tanglewire 5
    • Filler. Gives the FID something to sit on.

Forsworn House Detachment 875

Renegade Knight 325 Twin Icarus Autocannon 35 2 Avenger Gatling Cannon & Heavy Flamers 110
    • Abbot, my infantry killer. There to swat down planes and chew up Marines.

Renegade Knight 325 Reaper Chainsword Twin Icarus Autocannon 35 Thermal Cannon 45
    • Costello, my trouble-shooter. There to deal with other supes and to tear chunks out of my enemy's armour.

General strategy: push forward with the Knights and the Achilles and start deleting units. Hopefully, all the AoE and Rending gets the job done in a timely fashion. Hope Typhus gets Cursed Earth and your enemy either tries for Slay the Warlord or gives up on it.
    Last edited by Andrew Thomas; 04-18-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Spotted an error in my costs on Renegade Knight 2

Also found that it's more points efficient (and less contentious with the rules lawyers) to ditch the scenery and Typhus in favour of a Warpsmith with a Sigil and a vanilla Plague Hulk.

Find points for the Knight Fist.

Throwing Tanks and Monstrous Creatures is too much fun to pass up
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm still mulling over my options. Gorehunter Battery looks like another fun choice. BTW: Locus of Fury. will it give my Skullcannon 1 extra attack each, or 2? Cause RAI, it looks like 2, 3 on the Bloodthrone.