BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

its going to add an extra dimension when using Command abilities and trying not to give away your plan. (Not a bad thing mind)

No change to the Battleshock phase? Would seem sensible to keep it the same.

Have you had a chance to have a go with it yet? Parental duties keep me from having many games at the moment otherwise I'd have tried it myself (bloody life getting in the way of Wargaming &#128522
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

How would combat work, does only the activated unit fight (effectively slowing down combat as engaged units only fight in there own turn) or does enemy attack back (possibly several times, or destroying a unit that charged it, then charging and attacking again, then being charged again later)

Would certainly be interesting regarding synergies as these would have to be built up over several activations rather than all at once

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    its going to add an extra dimension when using Command abilities and trying not to give away your plan. (Not a bad thing mind)

No change to the Battleshock phase? Would seem sensible to keep it the same.

Have you had a chance to have a go with it yet? Parental duties keep me from having many games at the moment otherwise I'd have tried it myself (bloody life getting in the way of Wargaming &#128522
    Yes I have used it a bit. I like it a lot. Battleshock doesn't change. You still take battleshock at the very end like normal. The *only* thing that changes is you don't have two combat phases per player, you only have the one. (meaning in my turn my guys fight your guys fight, and in your turn my guys fight your guys fight... with this its just my guys fight and your guys fight and thats it)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dyolfnai View Post
    How would combat work, does only the activated unit fight (effectively slowing down combat as engaged units only fight in there own turn) or does enemy attack back (possibly several times, or destroying a unit that charged it, then charging and attacking again, then being charged again later)

Would certainly be interesting regarding synergies as these would have to be built up over several activations rather than all at once
    You activate a unit and it fights in the combat phase. Combat and turns actually go faster because units only get to fight once as opposed to twice. It does make order of activation *very* important because you can lose out on buffs etc but you may want to get a unit activated before your heroes for whatever reason.

Brother-Captain

Excellent, with how the combat phase works at the moment it always seemed to me they were thinking of altering the trun sequence but bottled it a bit.

The only snag so far are scenarios with time limits as they are designed with fighting twice in a turn in mind.

Brother-Captain

That's just admin you'll sort that after a few games. It's good to hear the premise works. Mystery did say he was going to give Space Marine esque orders a go but hasn't let us know how it went yet

Will have to try this out at some point, battle shock would be interesting, half as many tests but with more casualties, do you leave your generals activation till later to put inspiring presence where it is needed or use other command abilities earlier so more units can take advantage (depending on ability)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12