BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Things the frontpage says.

So I'm breaking my Golden Rule. The Golden Rule that states never read the comments.

And I'm doing it because some are just so downright hilarious, they need to be seen to be believed.

For instance, courtesy of The Emprah on the Godbeasts post...

Quote Originally Posted by The Emprah
    Sigmaron. Derpest name ever.
    Because no culture has ever named anything after a leader ever. Leningrad, Stalingrad, Constantinople, Falklands, Alexandria, Alexandretta, Cambodia, Rhodesia etc were all just conicidences. And the hundreds if not thousands of other places seemingly named after their Founder are likewise purely coincidental.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

And don't forget Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria...

Why name something after yourself once when you can do it a dozen times?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yep, Alexander the Great names at least 70 cities after himself.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Idk it's a little too close to Sigmoron for me to take seriously >_>

Though speaking of the frontpage, always good to see some quality "humour":

12. Robin Williams was a Warhammer fan, and it is rumored that his close friend in GW told him about Age of Sigmar and what they planned to do way before it was released. Robin wasn’t thrilled.

20. A leaked Sisters of Battle Codex that is in development has a new special rule for that army. Every 4th week of the month, all Sisters of Battle armies gain Rage and Preferred Enemy Space Marines.
    Nothing like making a joke out of someone's suicide - unless it's those crazy women and their periods amitrite?

Yahyourite.

Apparently.

I didn't find any of it particularly amusing. In fact, in terms of unamusing it registered 1.46Mightybooshes on the 'whydopeoplefindthisfunny-ometer'

- - - Updated - - -

I won't use the user's name for this, as it's not a screen name...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpage User
    I love the point about the Sisters getting rage for 1 week a month. That's genius
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Sigmaron actually comes up on my predictive text as does Necromunda I've turned my phone into a Geek!!

The frontpage does attract some interesting "characters" but I've been moaning about them elsewhere. Fortunately every time I've tried to read anything on it recently I've been whisked away to an advert so have been spared the comments.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

To be fair, the last comedy list The Frontpage did was something like, "Worst Places to Live in 40K," with the Rainbow Warrior homeworld on it cos RAINBOWS = GAY AND EEWWWW GAY AMIRITE?!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Banned

Yeah I commented about that in the LGBT thread when it happened including some of the comments.

Librarian

12. Robin Williams was a Warhammer fan, and it is rumored that his close friend in GW told him about Age of Sigmar and what they planned to do way before it was released. Robin wasn’t thrilled.
    Jesus Christ.

It's rare that I can be bothered by stupid humor, but that is incredibly tasteless and ugly.
    Last edited by Lexington; 04-01-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Jesus Christ.

It's rare that I can be bothered by stupid humor, but that is incredibly tasteless and ugly.
    There's risque humour, and there's trotting out Yet Another Sigmar Sucks post usingthe suicide of an awesome comedian who was damn well-regarded as a punchline for it is just terrible.

Crap like this is why I don't go on the BoLS Frontpage anymore.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast