BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Charging vehicles rule question...

I got a buddy who plays Plague Bearers a lot and loves to glance my Land Raider to death with rusty attacks. Almost every game he deep strikes them in nearby and assaults my tank, getting his +1 attack for the assault. I usually sit there and take it, trying to get off as many shots as I can before it dies. But since I sit there, he wants to move his guys back 1" in his movement phase and then assault again for another round of +1 attacks against my vehicle.

This tactic feels kinda lame to me, but I can't find anything in the rule book that expressly says he can't do it. Is this tactic legit?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Warsmith Shaughn View Post
    I got a buddy who plays Plague Bearers a lot and loves to glance my Land Raider to death with rusty attacks. Almost every game he deep strikes them in nearby and assaults my tank, getting his +1 attack for the assault. I usually sit there and take it, trying to get off as many shots as I can before it dies. But since I sit there, he wants to move his guys back 1" in his movement phase and then assault again for another round of +1 attacks against my vehicle.

This tactic feels kinda lame to me, but I can't find anything in the rule book that expressly says he can't do it. Is this tactic legit?
    I assume he's not charging on the turn he Deep Strikes

But the answers to your questions

Yes he can do it (again as I have read the RB) as a vehicle cannot be locked in combat meaning the assaulting unit can move off and then recharge...

and yes, even though I use it myself, it is a lame tactic but in an edition where assault has been beaten with the nerf bat extensively, I'll take any advantage I can get.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

remember that you can drive your vehicles away, it doesn't mean that he won't be able to charge you but it means there's no attacks during your own assault phase against your tanks

You can also Tank Shock through his unit. They didn't bring any Meltaguns or Power Fists, did they?

Chapter-Master

Is there not a rule where if you remain in contact with the vehicle you count as charging anyway? (Might be an earlier edition).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

well that's disappointing but I do appreciate the replies ty^^

My plague buddy, on the other hand, will be delighted to hear this...

Chaplain

To add to this topic, since vehicles are not considered to be locked in combat, he can actually also shoot at your vehicle while his infantry are assaulting it in melee.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/