BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Immobilized GK Dreadnought + Gate of Infinity

This situation came up in my game last week. We couldn't seem to find an answer on whether or not the Gate of Infinity psychic power could be used to move an immobilized Dreadnought. Anyone know if this has been addressed?
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    This situation came up in my game last week. We couldn't seem to find an answer on whether or not the Gate of Infinity psychic power could be used to move an immobilized Dreadnought. Anyone know if this has been addressed?
    It targets the Psyker?

I guess you could do it with an Immobilized Librarian Dread who rolls on Santic but its one hell of a way of getting it to move

I'm afraid at some point a mistake has been made during your game(s).

"Gate of Infinity is a Blessing that targets the psyker" main rule book pg 194

As blessings can't be cast while embarked upon a transport nor can Vehicles be joined by independent characters, only vehicles with the psychic pilot rule could possibly be affected by gate of infinity. however;

"dreadnoughts and Venerable Dreadnought know the Banishment and sanctuary powers" Grey knights codex pg 70

which means that the Grey knight Dreadnought doesn't have access to Gate. The Blood Angels Librarian Dread might be able to generate powers from santic but I don't have a copy of their codex to check.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Reldane View Post
    I'm afraid at some point a mistake has been made during your game(s).

"Gate of Infinity is a Blessing that targets the psyker" main rule book pg 194

As blessings can't be cast while embarked upon a transport nor can Vehicles be joined by independent characters, only vehicles with the psychic pilot rule could possibly be affected by gate of infinity. however;

"dreadnoughts and Venerable Dreadnought know the Banishment and sanctuary powers" Grey knights codex pg 70

which means that the Grey knight Dreadnought doesn't have access to Gate. The Blood Angels Librarian Dread might be able to generate powers from santic but I don't have a copy of their codex to check.
    Oh, that's fine. We ruled that it probably wouldn't work anyway, so no rule was actually broken.
    Last edited by Mike X; 03-09-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Reldane View Post
    The Blood Angels Librarian Dread might be able to generate powers from santic but I don't have a copy of their codex to check.
    Just to put your mind at rest:-

BA Lib Dread: Librarian Dreadnoughts generate their powers from the Sanguinary, Biomancy, Daemonology, Divination and Pyromancy disciplines.

So can get the Gates of infinity power, but still are down 2 attacks [/generic BA rant]
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Theoretically, it would act in the same way a Drop Pod would. It Deep Strikes but can't move afterwards.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.