BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1st annual 40k Fan Survey

[URL="https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/oDDXc4"]https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/oDDXc4[/URL]

There has been some talk on the web as of late of players being curious what the general opinions are of the community with regards to a number of subjects. Games-Workshop themselves have recently admitted publicly that they do little if any market research.

To help clear up a number of questions and to collect some real world data I have created the attached survey.
    No one has paid me to do this (I am paying the fee out of my own pocket)
    And I will make the full results available to the public once the survey is complete (in 30-60 days depending on interest)

[edit]As of this post 400+ people have already responded in less than a 24 hour period! I'm collecting some pretty incredible data [\edit]

Chapter-Master

Great idea to do this!

Not to be a critic though but as I don't play the game, the questions about what were most powerful armies ect had no giveable answer for me!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

Yeah, far too focused on things the majority of hobbyists won't particularly care about.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Yeah, far too focused on things the majority of hobbyists won't particularly care about.
    Some what loaded on the question front. I feel it might be an exercise to "evidence" a particular opinion rather than an a fact finding exercise.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Ummm - approximately how old am I? As I am not a crackhead I can tell you exactly how old I am. As to WHERE I am, I am in Great Britain, which is not part of Europe, but there was no option for that. Forgeworld belings to GW so is not a 3rd party. Heroquest is not a GW made game, it is MB games.

As to you funding the survey, when I completed it, a message came up with a link asking me to create my own survey for free.

6/10 - could try harder.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Great Britain is part of Europe... Whatever your views on Brexit, it is geographically in the continent of Europe. Currently (at least until June) the UK is also politically a member of Europe.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Captain

It's also a geographical part of Europe even after June I doubt they'll float us anywhere else. It is an example of a too vague a question in the survey which will not tell us anything. we also know quite a lot about the Geographical location of GW customers based on there Annual report. Although I do applaud the sentiment I remain a little sceptical about the aim of the survey and to it's accuracy.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

There has been some talk on the web as of late of players being curious....
    ...I don't play the game...
    Well.. I can see the problem...

Also, their stores aren't a franchise. They're all owned by the company, and staffed by the company.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Regarding web content... I don't buy it because I have a Windows Phone and they don't support it and that isn't an option.

--edit--

Between the 7th and 8th pages in, I quit answering and closed the survey. There are too many questions that do not have response that represent my view.

Such as ITC rules, I see the need for them in tournaments, but don't use them because I just play with friends. There is no way to represent that answer.
    Last edited by Thaldin; 03-04-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast