BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best Ork Anti-Armor tatics?

I am a new aspiring Ork player. I have been doing my reading and most Ork anti-armor strategies seem to be centered around getting a Nob into close combat with a power claw. Though effective on smaller scales with units like Imperial Knights with their 6 hull points. I am wondering if Orks have a better strategy to take on these types of threats.

There is the Deffcopta's with twin-linked Rokkits.

There is the Tank busters that still require to get into CC.

There is the wrecking ball but that is 3 inch range

There are Loota Wagons with 3 Rokkits

There is (FW) items that I am open too.

Any help to help me figure this out would be appreciative.

I'm not an Ork player but a person at my club has been playing Orks for just over 10 years now, they usually go with 2 big loota blobs, the sheer amount of S7 they put out is enough to glance to death any tank that isn't a Leman russ from the front or a Land raider, As for taking out armour 14 the only thing I can think of other than a power klaw is probably the Blitza Bomma's bomb but that has limited uses

Brother-Sergeant

This is actually one of the Orks biggest issues right now. (Nids as well) They have no reliable ranged Str:8-9 weapons. Taking on super heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures is seriously tough for them. So most ork players fall back on the old "rush 'em 'n' crush'em" tactic of piling power claws on it till it dies. I've seen mobs of power claw armed nobs do dirty, dirty things.....(shudders)

Librarian

Lootas are almost always one of our best choices here. 15 strong, hope to roll 2 or 3 shots each, that'll kill most anything that isn't AV14. You've also left out Rokkit Buggies. They have outflank, they're dirt cheap, and 5 TL Rokkits into something's side armor is pretty solid.

The Warboss with a Power Klaw will throw just about any vehicle into the sun, but against Gargantuan Creatures/Walkers the Stomp can just erase him, so you probably need to shoot those to death.

Mek Gunz are also pretty great. Kannons are dirt cheap S8 AP3 (or a S4 ap5 blast, so they're versatile). You can also grab a couple Smasha-Gunz, which give you S4+D6 (5-10) and AP1, which is pretty nice.

Chaplain

Rokkits, Rokkits, Rokkits. With a ton of Rokkits, even with BS2 you'll still get some hits.

There is the Smasha gun and Zzap gun from the Mek gunz.
    Problem with both is unreliable strength. (2d6 for Zzapp, 4+d6 for Smasha)
    Both really cheap points wise, plus use the Grotz improved BS of 3

Though they are a convert or don't bother thing- their actual models are hilariously expensive for how many you'd want to reliably damage a vehicle.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    Though they are a convert or don't bother thing- their actual models are hilariously expensive for how many you'd want to reliably damage a vehicle.
    Oh Gork yeah. That kit is just absurdly expensive.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Subexarch View Post
    This is actually one of the Orks biggest issues right now. (Nids as well) They have no reliable ranged Str:8-9 weapons. Taking on super heavy vehicles and gargantuan creatures is seriously tough for them. So most ork players fall back on the old "rush 'em 'n' crush'em" tactic of piling power claws on it till it dies. I've seen mobs of power claw armed nobs do dirty, dirty things.....(shudders)
    Its not an issue, its how the army works and has always worked, no army is supposed to reliably do everything.

Brother-Captain

Shouldn't it be Taktiks?

Gotta think like an Ork.

Scratch build those Big Gunz, biggest bonus of running an Ork army it's much easier to use all those extra bits lying around.
    Last edited by grimmas; 03-03-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Shouldn't it be Taktiks?

Gotta think like an Ork.

Scratch build those Big Gunz, biggest bonus of running an Ork army it's much easier to use all those extra bits lying around.
    Kunnin and know-wots

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast