BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Tomb Kings miniatures will not be available soon

Just got the GW newsletter and they are getting rid of the TK range to quote the official page "once they're gone they're gone". Kinda sucks if your a TK player like me or are they putting all in the undead range or getting rid of them completely. Not good news for TK players.

Yes, great way to treat TK players. They were stuck with a poor army book in 8th edition, but AoS seemed to breathe new life into the army - and now it's gone. A funny way for GW to encourage sales indeed.

Chapter-Master

Ironic that the very army I decided to make is the very one being squatted! ended up having to buy more of the sepulchral stalker kits and a necrosphinx to complete what i already got..hoped i could get a bit at a time but iv had to get it all in one go out of fear of not getting another chance. Leaves a bitter taste tbh.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

well you never know, maybe they are the next range to be updated for Age of Sigmar, hence the old stuff being removed.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Tomb Kings don't fit in the Age of Silly, you need to look like your model was made by a 5 year old or you're not staying.

It's a shame, but the models are still useable for the foreseeable future, same thing is likely to happen with elves dwarfs empire and bretonians

Maybe one day they will revisit a mummy faction with mummy warriors lead by kings with mummified remains powering war machines etc (is no skellies as they already done) all done in similar style to nagash arkhan, morgheists etc

Could be quite cool if it happened

Chapter-Master

given that Nagash and the Mortarchs have officially survived, I am sure there will be some sort of tomb kings like army. given the way we are seeing factions being broken up in to smaller more specific things, like fyreslayers, sylvaneth etc. I suspect we will see a skeleton faction, a wraith faction, a ghoul faction etc.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Yarp.

Defo gone for now, but whether that equates to 'gone for good' is anyone's guess.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Some of the models going seem weird choices. The Necrosphinx kit fits in with the AoS aesthetic and is plastic.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Some of the models going seem weird choices. The Necrosphinx kit fits in with the AoS aesthetic and is plastic.
    Yeah, I thought they would keep the sphinx and stalkers kits at the least as they are from 2010 so quite recent and could of been repurposed and added to one of the "new" AoS factions.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast