BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default 40k End Times (NOT plastic Horus Heresy)

Seems that one of the more notable rumormonger sites is reporting an admittedly EXTRA SALTY rumor that the points system in 40k is going away and that formations are all we'll get.

So 40k is about to get Sigmarized potentially.

Thoughts?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Same as AOS. People will make their own system for points, some will ragequit and the rest will carry on. I just cant take it seriously though. Funny to chat aboot tho.

I don't think they're quite that stupid.

But hey, it'd be the final step in them being able to say they're not a game company, they're a model company, and if you choose to use your models as toys rather than sitting them on a shelf to look pretty like you're supposed to, that's on you.

Still think it's not likely.

Chapter-Master

seems highly unlikely to me. Age of Sigmar was a response to a number of specific issues, which 40k doesn't have. no point changing the whole system when it sells and is successful.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Agreed. Fantasy sales had been declining for a long time before AoS; they HAD to change everything in order to save the brand. 40K doesn't seem to have that problem.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    Agreed. Fantasy sales had been declining for a long time before AoS; they HAD to change everything in order to save the brand. 40K doesn't seem to have that problem.
    Remember GW doesn't think you buy your miniatures for the game. They think you buy the minis for the models, for the joy of assembling and painting them. The game is secondary to your overall hobby experience.

Why should they spend so much capital in games development if their customers don't care as much about the game as the models*

*NOTE: This statement is based off of the statements that GW has made in their half-year statements about the nature of what they see as their customer base - not my own opinions which differ significantly.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I hope they finally get rid of these round bases, so that I can line my orks up in nice ranks.

Chaplain

On the other hand if one believes that the AoS no points self balancing system is working there is no reason to keep points in 40k. More freedom for players to create fun and exiting games or something like that.

I have come to expect the unexpected, or in my case the unwanted.

Librarian

This has been a fear on the minds of paranoid 40k players since Age of Sigmar was revealed. It is easy to see how some enthusiastic gamer could have accidentally started this rumor.

I honestly don't see them doing this. By most accounts (some from GW) Age of Sigmar is not doing so great, and I really can't see why they'd send their beloved son into the meat grinder like that.

www.GardenNinja.com

Probably the best thing that GW could do is AoS 40k. Yes i am serious about that and not taking the pee.
    Every unit comes with its own rules, no need to faff about with a thick rule book to find the latest special rule that half the time you forget.
    Build your army out if formations not codexs, no need to produce codexs just make campaign books periodically that add the new units GW make.
    GW dont care about the tournament scene, and judging by the awful spamfest army lists that people use to be the biggest beatstick and show the world whos boss i really dont blame them.
    Roll on The end of Imperium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast