BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Least Lethal

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Least Lethal

Alright,

This one is a sister thread to Most Lethal ( [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=615[/url] ). For this one, let's hear your personal worst or least succesful unit. Not what you think is useless in the codex, but what unit in your collection has failed the most. Any particularily epic failures?

Mine is my Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince.

He managed to deploy in the wrong area of the board (random deployment entries for each unit), ran towards a deep striking unit, who were destroyed before he got there, then turned around to try and kill some sisters (it was against a sister/IG force), but was then mauled by a group of 20 Repentia... Total kill count for him: 0 models. Games played with him: 7
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

I'm sure this is probably a flaw in the way I'm playing them, but Noise Marines have failed me everytime I've fielded them since 5th edition came out.

Veteran-Sergeant

grots

j/k they are awesome for the 4+ save!

wraithguard are pretty lame.
    tankbustas.
    d-cannon batteries.
    razorbacks.
    necrons. (lol)
    noise marines.
    Last edited by blueshift; 08-06-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: oh and lictors

Brother-Sergeant

Scout snipers. The sgt always rolls a one to hit and the few that do hit can never wound. The missle launcher is the only one that ever seems to kill anything, and thats rare. I just paiinted their cool volcanic camo on their capes last night so maybe they will do better.

Battle-Brother

My Least succesful unit has been my Wolfguard BodyGuard with the mark of the Wulfen. I have ran him in at least 20 games. He has died in every game and has a kill count of six. Which all happened in one game. Flat out the laziest model in my army.

T.

Scout

I have a few under performers, but the ones that most notably come to mind are my Storm Raven scouts with sniper rifles (they can never hit! WITH A SNIPER RIFLE!) and one old Chaos Marine with a Missile Launcher. He is one of my oldest models, and yet he never seems to be able to hit with his rocket launcher!

I also have a heck of a time with multi-meltas. Usually just need a 3+, but rarely ever get it.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceSpringsteen! View Post
    Scout snipers. The sgt always rolls a one to hit and the few that do hit can never wound. The missle launcher is the only one that ever seems to kill anything, and thats rare. I just paiinted their cool volcanic camo on their capes last night so maybe they will do better.
    Well, a new paintjob is always a good morale booster for the troops. Especially when it's a cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami View Post
    I have a few under performers, but the ones that most notably come to mind are my Storm Raven scouts with sniper rifles (they can never hit! WITH A SNIPER RIFLE!) and one old Chaos Marine with a Missile Launcher. He is one of my oldest models, and yet he never seems to be able to hit with his rocket launcher!

I also have a heck of a time with multi-meltas. Usually just need a 3+, but rarely ever get it.

Maybe he is having a senior moment hahaha. And don't you hate it when you can't hit with something thats an almost sure hit? I once tried to shoot a carnifex 1 inch away with a chaos marine... missed. I only needed one wound to take it down too, but it slammed into my troops and murdered almost my entire army.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Battle-Brother

my hammerhead its unbelivable how rarely it hits and if it does 99% it fails to pen even armour 12

Brother-Sergeant

My Ripper's...they have never inflicted a single wound. They mostly just run around taking up space on the table and points in my army list. But I love the model and the fluff behind them, so just keep puttin' them out there.....

Bane wolf.

Honestly, most people are so afraid of it that it gets pounded to death by the start of turn 3.

It's worth it, in many cases, as the longer I can keep it alive and moving, the more shots they need to plunk into it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast