BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Stunties!!!!!

I love Erik trying to apply real world physics and biology to a Fantasy setting where lizards are remembered into existence and lightning is a viable mode of transport. xD
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

It's a very lazy release , stylistically. I was looking back at the release video of the vampire counts during 8th and what struck me was how much variety we have lost. In that release we had the black Knights, coven throne , Isobel, krull and the crypt horror kits. Now we get one figure modelled into as many different variants as possible. It's clearly a very cheap way of getting an army out there but it's a bit basic and crude for my liking.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If I get one, I'll use some green stuff to fix the hole in his axe,
    The poor guy will be locked out

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    It's a very lazy release , stylistically. I was looking back at the release video of the vampire counts during 8th and what struck me was how much variety we have lost. In that release we had the black Knights, coven throne , Isobel, krull and the crypt horror kits. Now we get one figure modelled into as many different variants as possible. It's clearly a very cheap way of getting an army out there but it's a bit basic and crude for my liking.
    So you think an army should be stylistically diverse and include a lot of incongruous elements that don't cleanly fit together?

Even as far back as then you can now see how they were splitting the VCs into smaller parts, with ghosts, ghouls and skeleton elements all moving away from each other.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 01-12-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    Oh don't talk rubbish.

Fyreslayers aren't all the Dwarfs out there. They're a single faction, just as Black Knights, Coven Throne and Crypt Horrors are all factions within the greater Undead horde.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

There are no army releases anymore, this is more like a flavour release.

The variety comes from mixing it with something else as you please.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I love Erik trying to apply real world physics and biology to a Fantasy setting where lizards are remembered into existence and lightning is a viable mode of transport. xD
    The fiery dwarf emblazoned with magical golden runes made from the shattered remains of his dead god who is riding a giant magma lizard wields an axe thats just too long, its silly. And also something about the teeth of said giant magma lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think it's a stylistic representation of the heat of the forge behind the metal. It's radiating out in a manner reminiscent of medieval depictions of the sun's rays.
    If it's meant to be that, as part of the mask/helmet thing, that would make sense. And it might have been, but the message got lost and they assumed it was an actual beard and painted it like one. Paint it like fire and it makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    arguably of just a single unit as a faction in their own right.
    It already had its own faction... they just killed it off again when they retconned Storm of Chaos out of existence.

Chapter-Master

I think the intent these days is that we will have more factions but they will have stronger, unified themes. As the game has four "alliances" I think the idea is that if you want variety then you allied various stuff (eg forces of order army could contain seraphon, stormcasts and sylvaneth)
    Also liking how these new factions are successors of stuff from the "old world". I hope when they do elves they will focus on the Witch Elves and give them a medusa theme expanding on that bloodwrack throne kit for example.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Occuli Imperator

If you don't wish to see someone's comment because you dislike it, use the ignore button

Carry on and stay on topic.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast